how long should i let my laptop sit idle after its been in a cold environment?

asiancorruption

As a student, I often leave my macbook 2015 in the car when i'm doing something with my friends  or when i simply don't need it. Since i live in Canada and its winter here, how long should i wait before using my laptop to prevent condensation from forming? I got home 20 minutes ago and i'm typing this post on it right now, should i wait longer to use it? and even longer before doing anything cpu intensive? Thanks. 

It's probably not an issue. Temperature changes still aren't good for your battery though.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

It's probably not an issue. Temperature changes still aren't good for your battery though.

for the most part i refrain from keeping outside in a car, its just those times when I do, i wanted to know if its that much of a risk to do so.

I live in Northern Canada, and my laptop has sat in the extreme cold overnight.  The issue with a cold laptop is mostly the battery.  Running a very cold Li-Ion battery causes extreme drain on it very quickly, and will damage the battery in relatively short order. 

My suggestion, if your laptop is allowed to get that cold, is to use it plugged-in.  If you try to use it on battery when it is cold, the battery's life will be degraded quite severely.  When I was doing this (before I smartened up), batteries which should have lasted a year and a half or so, were only good for maybe 3-5 months.