Anyone heard of istarsoftware.com?

Swiftyx5

Someone I know is thinking of buying from this site. Istarsoftware.com Does anyone have experience with this website is looks kind of sketchy

4 minutes ago, Swiftyx5 said:

Someone I know is thinking of buying from this site. Istarsoftware.com Does anyone have experience with this website is looks kind of sketchy

Nope, does not sound familiar.

Never heard of it, all I saw on the website was microsoft products. Buy straight from them instead.

No...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sketchy AF, just by them from Microsoft. I mean nobody puts McAfee secured like honestly unless they're scanners

so this is interesting they are not selling products the way they are meant to be sold. Also their inventory looks old so they might not even still be in business

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_win10/office-2013-home-and-business-product-key/85b1c3ea-ab8c-45c9-82f2-89b284355f61

Q: Why do you only digital download? Is it legal?
A: Digital download are more convenience, faster and save freight cost. It is legal, Microsoft also provide digital download.

Q: How long will I get the download link and product key after I purchase?
A: Once you purchase success, you could download at once, please go to customer area, you will see “order details”, then you can get the download link there; we will provide the product key to you within 3 – 5 hours after confirm receive your payment, if you want to cancel or change your product, please email to us within 2hours.

Q: Do I need pay other cost when download?
A: No, you needn’t pay any extra cost, we will provide a Premium Membership Account to you, it comes with the download link.

Microsoft provides digital downloads but only for business customers and from their online store. Everyone else sells boxes.

"Once you purchase success" haha

"we will provide a Premium Membership Account to you"

This is from their FAQ and the style of English has Chinese written all over it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Ok so the whole FAQ is gold to read so im posting it here. I particularly like the part "I'm not familiar with computer" and the explanation of why they do not have a telephone number.

http://www.istarsoftware.com/content/7-FAQs

General Questions:

Q: Is this a trial licence or will the licence expire?
A: No, this is not a trial licence. The licence will never expire.

Q: Where do the licences come from?
A: The keys are issued directly from Microsoft and only after payment is received.

Q: Is the licence legitimate?
A: Yes, this is 100% legitimate and authentic.

Q: Will the licence pass Microsoft’s Window Genuine Advantage (WGA)?
A: Yes, the licence will pass WGA as the key is issued directly from Microsoft.

Q: Will the licence allow for product updates?
A: Yes, the key will allow for product updates, but it is only for patches updated via Windows Update.

Q: Will the licence allow for tech support from Microsoft?
A: Yes, the licence will allow for telephone tech support directly from Microsoft.

Q: Will you send me a copy of the software?
A: Sorry, it is a digital download; you could download then burn onto DVD/CD, or backup on your drives.

Q: Why do you only digital download? Is it legal?
A: Digital download are more convenience, faster and save freight cost. It is legal, Microsoft also provide digital download.

Q: How long will I get the download link and product key after I purchase?
A: Once you purchase success, you could download at once, please go to customer area, you will see “order details”, then you can get the download link there; we will provide the product key to you within 3 – 5 hours after confirm receive your payment, if you want to cancel or change your product, please email to us within 2hours.

Q: Do I need pay other cost when download?
A: No, you needn’t pay any extra cost, we will provide a Premium Membership Account to you, it comes with the download link.

Q: I’m not familiar with computer, how do I download and install to make my computer work?
A: We provide you exhaustive video tutorial, you could find it in “order details” page, you could also ask our support team if you have any other problem.

Q: What kind of support you provide?
A: We are mainly assist customer to solve the problem of download, installation and activate with the key, we couldn’t 100% make sure to solve customer’s problem, because most problem is customer installed other version cause conflict or not compatible, or improper operation and so on, but we will always try our best to assist customer solve their problem, if you have any problem, please advise the details or provide the screenshot to our support team, then we could more easily understand your problem.

FAQ

1. Do you have a phone number I can call?

No—but please don't misunderstand this as any lack of interest! We'd love to answer your questions.

We know the decision to omit phone support is unusual, but after experimenting with different approaches, we've found that starting with email enables us to provide the fastest response. We focus on providing fast and high quality responses by email, so you're always talking to a human that can help first-hand. If it makes sense to jump on the phone once we hear from you, we're happy to do so.

2. Are your software full versions and not upgrade versions? Do you sell upgrade software? Should I have a previous version of product?

We are selling ONLY FULL versions- not upgrades. You don't need to have any previous versions of the software. If you have any other versions already installed (previous ones or upgrades) you need to REMOVE them completely before you start installing our software (to avoid conflicts between different versions of the software.) After un-installing you should also clear the Registry(for PC software) from the corresponding entries.

3. Can I still get updates from the manufacturer's websites?

Yes you can. Our software is full and legal to upgrade if opposite is not mentioned in the instructions which comes with the software. You can also ask our Support team about exceptions.

4. What languages is your software supported with?

Standard language is English. (You can ask our Support team for exceptions).

5. Is your software only for home use? How many computers can I install my purchase in?

No, it is depends on the version of the product you purchase. Microsoft could only install on one computer, Antivirus & Protection depends on the product you purchase.

6. Is the download time sensitive? Does it expire?

The download is not time sensitive and will not expire on you. You can download the software and use the license key whenever you like.

7. What is the format of your files?

Is ISO file, you could download and burn onto DVD/CD, then install. Or extract it, and then installed directly.

8. Can I download the software right after I place my order?

Right after your place your order you are instantly issued login information to our website->My account->Find Your order. From here you are able to access your own license key and the download link and installation instructions that you will use to install your software.

9. Where do I find my license key??

You will find your license key in an email that you are sent right after ordering. You can also find your license key in your order. To login to the My account and find your order, please login using the email and password you selected while placing your order.

10. I don’t know I should buy what kind of software?

It depends on your work environment and computer configuration. (You can ask our Support team or Microsoft.)

11. Why can't I receive any emails from iStarSoftware Ltd.?

We do not send 'spam', or unsolicited bulk commercial emails. We do not share your personal information, such as your email address, with any other parties. However, some email services reject our emails like shady due to standard letter subjects. So we recommend you DO NOT sign up to iStarSoftware Ltd. services via the following email services: Hotmail and MSN: If you haven’t received mails from us, the reason is most likely Hotmail's 'Junk Mail Filter', which is supposed to block 'spam', or unsolicited bulk email ('junk mail'). Unfortunately, it sometimes blocks even solicited mail including ours. You will certainly find all emails you have missed either in your 'Junk Mail' folder or in the 'Trash' folder. You can either disable the Junk Mail Filter, or add us to the 'Safe List', which is the list of accounts you do not want to be blocked by the Junk Mail Filter. To do so, you need to log in to your Hotmail account. (Select 'Options', then select 'Safe List'.) You may wish to contact Hotmail for assistance. Yahoo: If you are a Yahoo Mail user, please check your Bulk Mail folder. If you find our message in your Bulk Mail folder, open it and click on "Send to Yahoo! for Review" to let them know Deluxe Downloads Ltd. emails are not unsolicited commercial email (spam). If you do not want a Bulk Mail folder at all, go to Mail Preferences. You may wish to contact Yahoo for assistance,(Do not Forget Check You Mail Spam Folder.)

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, Andydandyfiddy said:

You can get a Licence of Kinguin, many YouTubers such as Pauls hardware reviewed them

I worked in anti-piracy for MS I know how to spot what is correct and what is not. kinguin is no different to this site. They do not sell licenses they sell a way to circumvent the product activation. If you're not going to buy a legitimate license then you should not pay anything at all because you can crack things for free

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, Andydandyfiddy said:

Well sure, You can use something such as Microsoft Toolkit or Windows Loader by Daz (If it's Windows 7 or older)

exactly. Neither is legal and I would not endorse them publicly but it just makes no sense to pay for something that is not legal either

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, Andydandyfiddy said:

Well if you're certain that Kinguin is a scam site, Then why did Pauls' hardware make this video? Is he trying to mislead us?

because he does not know what he is doing

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

26 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

because he does not know what he is doing

I suggest that you watch videos after that one as even if he mentions kinguin, he also states that it might not be a reliable source even though all the keys that he has purchased haven't been made invalid (it is like other sites including G2A just a place for others to sell product keys where some aren't exactly genuine or are from legitimate means).