Need help with monitor.

steve-kon

So I've been thinking of building a budget(ish) PC, with everything falling into place I completely overlooked the monitor. After going through tons of videos on what and how to buy I've decided to buy this,  BenQ XL2411Z. But turns out it doesn't have G-sync. Do I really need a g sync monitor?

The main work i'll be doing is working with 3D models and rendering, editing stuff. But occasionally I would play games too. Those are two different types of things.

Here are my specs:

i5 6600k(I know it's not good for 3D works but the i7 costs a 100 bucks more)

MSI Z170a

GSkill ripjaws V 3200 16gb

750 PSU

I haven't got a graphics card and monitor yet. I'm thinking of getting a 1070.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Mouse: Gamdias DEMETER II- 3200DPI Gaming Mouse, Operating System: Windows 8.1

1 minute ago, steve-kon said:

budget(ish)

thinking of getting a 1070.

ಠ_ಠ

2 minutes ago, steve-kon said:

Do I really need a g sync monitor?

No but its nice to have for the gaming.

3 minutes ago, steve-kon said:

So I've been thinking of building a budget(ish) PC, with everything falling into place I completely overlooked the monitor. After going through tons of videos on what and how to buy I've decided to buy this,  BenQ XL2411Z. But turns out it doesn't have G-sync. Do I really need a g sync monitor?

The main work i'll be doing is working with 3D models and rendering, editing stuff. But occasionally I would play games too. Those are two different types of things.

Here are my specs:

MSI Z170a

750 PSU

If you will be doing more creation software then actual gaming G-sync isn't required. Its nice but I have always gamed without it and no issues.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

24 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

ಠ_ಠ

No but its nice to have for the gaming.

lol, it cant be helped though. Call it future((or at least a year or two)) proof. And also GPU rendering is much preferred for 3D renders.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

23 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

If you will be doing more creation software then actual gaming G-sync isn't required. Its nice but I have always gamed without it and no issues.

I think i'll just go with a non G Sync monitor. Thanks for the reply.

27 minutes ago, steve-kon said:

Here are my specs:

MSI Z170a

750 PSU

You don't need G-Sync, it's just a luxury. Usually I recommend against the XL2411Z though since it doesn't have DisplayPort input. It can only run 144 Hz over Dual-Link DVI, which is falling out of favor (some graphics cards have stopped including it) and you can't get it through adapters.

7 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

You don't need G-Sync, it's just a luxury. Usually I recommend against the XL2411Z though since it doesn't have DisplayPort input. It can only run 144 Hz over Dual-Link DVI, which is falling out of favor (some graphics cards have stopped including it) and you can't get it through adapters.

also active dp to dl dvi are horrible at times

4 hours ago, Glenwing said:

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

also active dp to dl dvi are horrible at times

Thank you and I should have mentioned in the post that I don't speak Monitor tech that much. But it has a HDMI input, wouldn't that work?

Can you guys suggest one in the price range of  BenQ XL2411Z  that has a displayport input.

7 minutes ago, steve-kon said:

Than you and I should have mentioned in the post that I don't speak Monitor tech that much. But it has a HDMI input, wouldn't that work?

Can you guys suggest one in the price range of  BenQ XL2411Z  that has a displayport input.

The HDMI port on the XL2411Z doesn't support more than 60 Hz.

How about the ViewSonic XG2401?

16 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

The HDMI port on the XL2411Z doesn't support more than 60 Hz.

How about the ViewSonic XG2401?

Not available in my country and I even tried newegg.com and amazon both show the product as out of stock.

And isn't that freesync monitor, and my graphic card would be an nvidia.

Not available in my country and I even tried newegg.com and amazon both show the product as out of stock.

And isn't that freesync monitor, and my graphic card would be an nvidia.

It still works with NVIDiA cards, it would just be like a normal 144 Hz monitor. FreeSync doesn't add any cost to the production of the monitor (which is why it's called FreeSync) so you don't lose any value by not having an AMD card. Just consider it like a regular monitor.

How about the AOC G2460PF?

9 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

It still works with NVIDiA cards, it would just be like a normal 144 Hz monitor.

How about the AOC G2460PF?

Sorry but it isn't available in my country either. What about this, 

AOC G2460PQU

What about this LG monitor? Can I go for it?

LG 24GM77