Copper oxidation in WC build

Hello, 

I have a XSPC RX 360 Rad and 240 plus a new Alphacool Eisfach reservoir, XSPC raystorm AMD cpu block bought in September and XSPC razor gtx 680 water block. 

The gpu block and rads are about 5 years old. But the res and cpu block are brand new now I put them together in late September. By end of October I saw this dust sitting at the bottom of the res. So I took everything apart and saw the pipes, res, fittings with this green/blue stuff. So I started cleaning them up the res, fittings and pipes. Now the rad, gpu block and cpu block I still haven't touched. I have cleaned most of the res and fittings but they are still some left as you can see in the pictures 

Now doing some research I think it could be corrosion or copper oxidation. All the parts are copper and brass. Except this new res which has metals in it and I think this could be the culprit. I need you guys help on how to clean it and put my loop back up 

Thank you

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Rahman said:

Hello, 

I have a XSPC RX 360 Rad and 240 plus a new Alphacool Eisfach reservoir, XSPC raystorm AMD cpu block bought in September and XSPC razor gtx 680 water block. 

The gpu block and rads are about 5 years old. But the res and cpu block are brand new now I put them together in late September. By end of October I saw this dust sitting at the bottom of the res. So I took everything apart and saw the pipes, res, fittings with this green/blue stuff. So I started cleaning them up the res, fittings and pipes. Now the rad, gpu block and cpu block I still haven't touched. I have cleaned most of the res and fittings but they are still some left as you can see in the pictures 

Now doing some research I think it could be corrosion or copper oxidation. All the parts are copper and brass. Except this new res which has metals in it and I think this could be the culprit. I need you guys help on how to clean it and put my loop back up 

Thank you

You should be ok even with the new res as the fluid is within an ABS or delrin enclosure but since they are older waterblocks and rads were they properly cleaned out before putting back into service, also what fluids are you using for the loop.

Sorry forgot to mention, just using distilled water with Dazmode protecter. I cleaned the rads very well with warm tap water then flushed with distilled water. I didn't clean the gpu block and the cpu block was brand new. How would I go cleaning the block and rads now? 

16 minutes ago, Rahman said:

Sorry forgot to mention, just using distilled water with Dazmode protecter. I cleaned the rads very well with warm tap water then flushed with distilled water. I didn't clean the gpu block and the cpu block was brand new. How would I go cleaning the block and rads now? 

If they were used you will want to flush them with a diluted vingear and water solution a couple of times if needed and rinse it would another dozen or so times before giving a couple of final rinses with distilled water. That should really clean out the rads, if they are really bad like caked with slime or build up then you will want to look into something lik the Blitz cleaning kit. 

For blocks and other components usually a quick rinse with distilled water is more than enough. 

This is not from a watercooling point of view but a person who understands metal. The most common brass to be able to get your stands on from a machining stand point is architectural brass or free-machining brass both of which have a lead content of 3 or greater and a zinc content of higher then 25. I am wondering if it not the zinc or lead coming out of the brass. By your description of dust in the tank. Copper oxidization is a greenish colour. 

It looked like dust while in the water but it was the green/blue stuff. When I drained it then it was all stuck to the bottom of the tank and all around it. I cleaned it with warm water and dish washing soap. Still you can see some of it stuck to the tank and fittings. I'm trying to figure out what has happened and how to fix it. 

Thanks for all the help guys