Cooler hunt for 5960X

hi,

So I have been looking for a fairly simple cooling option for my 5960X I originally planned on getting an AIO but I have read they are super loud which I am trying to avoid making my system loud I came across this kit for not much more money it's only a 240mm rad but would it be better than a corsair h115i http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/WCUK-Spec-240GTS-ION-Black-Ice-Professional-Watercooling-Kit-Intermediate_56417.html ? or is the h115i going to still be the better option 

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

3 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

fairly simple cooling option

Use the CPU's heatspreader as a passive heatsync.

Problem solved.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

My H100 is pretty quiet, it's all in the fans.

Just get an H115, find some good quality fans that work with a rad and be done. You keep looking at the wrong side of it. The rad/pump will be as quiet as they can be. The fans are the make or break star of making an AIO quiet.

if you want something along the lines of a custom loop the EK predator would be the better option 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Just get an H115, find some good quality fans that work with a rad and be done. You keep looking at the wrong side of it. The rad/pump will be as quiet as they can be. The fans are the make or break star of making an AIO quiet.

not really the pump is by far the most noisy part of a aio.... i can hear even with 5 fans running true i am using noctuas but still 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

Ok so changing the fans on the h115i will solve the noise issue's i've been reading about. One thing I do like about corsairs AIO's I read their warranty covers parts in the event the cooler leaks on any of them. Any 140mm fans that would work well with this cooler?

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

2 minutes ago, LukaH said:

not really the pump is by far the most noisy part of a aio.... i can hear even with 5 fans running true i am using noctuas but still 

Then you have a problem. My H100 is pumping away from less than 3 ft from my right ear and all I can hear coming out of my case is the noise generated by the fans. Considering I'm OC'd @ 4.8ghz I'll take what little noise my case makes anyway.  

1 minute ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Ok so changing the fans on the h115i will solve the noise issue's i've been reading about. One thing I do like about corsairs AIO's I read their warranty covers parts in the event the cooler leaks on any of them. Any 140mm fans that would work well with this cooler?

I don't know. I ended up with some EK Varder fans, that EK uses on their AIOs(IIRC EK Varder F4-120ER). Prior to the EK fans, I used the SP120's on my H100. Being you want a 280mm rad, I don't know who makes what for 140, because when I looked for my fans, I just ignored it if it mentioned 140.

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Then you have a problem. My H100 is pumping away from less than 3 ft from my right ear and all I can hear coming out of my case is the noise generated by the fans. Considering I'm OC'd @ 4.8ghz I'll take what little noise my case makes anyway.  

˙How are the EK vader fan's, i need new fans for my rad (better than the sp120?)

Just now, Aytex said:

˙How are the EK vader fan's, i need new fans for my rad (better than the sp120?)

I didn't notice much of a change going to them. The temps stayed about the same. The biggest change for me was the noise. In a rush, I bought SP120 Performance editions, they generated a little more noise than the quiet ones I thought I ordered.

The EK's claim they are about the same decibel rating as the SP120 PE, but I feel some days I don't hear them at all. I have a little bit of noise coming from my PC. Literally just tried to record it and all it ended up picking up was my clock ticking the seconds away. My wall mounted clock makes more noise than my PC's fans do.

31 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I didn't notice much of a change going to them. The temps stayed about the same. The biggest change for me was the noise. In a rush, I bought SP120 Performance editions, they generated a little more noise than the quiet ones I thought I ordered.

The EK's claim they are about the same decibel rating as the SP120 PE, but I feel some days I don't hear them at all. I have a little bit of noise coming from my PC. Literally just tried to record it and all it ended up picking up was my clock ticking the seconds away. My wall mounted clock makes more noise than my PC's fans do.

I think I will go with the h115i and search about some better 140mm fans to pair with it :)

Custom PC:

I'm considering either Silverstone Air penetrators or NB Eloops I hear they are good fans 

Custom PC: