I figured it out!
If anyone else has issues with this, here's the solution:

Click the Home Button > Sources, here you can edit your input to:
- HDMI #
- Cable Box
- Game Console
- PC
- Blu-ray player

Mine was set to PC, because that is the input I have, and that is what worked on my old smart TV.
But you have to set it to Game Console.

Once you do that, you can click the Home Button > Settings > Picture > Special Viewing Mode > Game Mode (On) 

I recently bought a new TV, but for some reason I can't turn on the game-mode on it.
It simple says "This function isn't available" which is odd, because I've seen people online use it on this device and the KS8000 model.

The TV is a Samsung UE55KS8005 SUHD-TV
Connected with a HDMI 2.0 cable, from my laptop to my TV screen.

IMG_0116.JPG

Edited by wkdpaul
Fixed title

Try a different HDMI port. Not all of the ports always support game mode. (I had this issue on my Samsung TV a while ago)

7 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Try a different HDMI port. Not all of the ports always support game mode. (I had this issue on my Samsung TV a while ago)

I just tried all four HDMI ports available, and tried to change the settings each time - it didn't work.

To be clear, you're trying to activate Game Mode while you're currently viewing an external HDMI input, correct? Not while you're on the smart TV menu or antenna?

5 minutes ago, Runefox said:

To be clear, you're trying to activate Game Mode while you're currently viewing an external HDMI input, correct? Not while you're on the smart TV menu or antenna?

Yes. So I can play games smoothly from my PC to my TV.
The thing in the background, is a TV program, running on my PC, not on my smart TV or antenna.

Even if you don't know what cause this, I would still appreciate some suggestions.

Are you able to activate any other modes, like sports mode? Are any other features like Auto Motion Plus enabled? If so, try disabling them and try enabling Game Mode again and see if that makes a difference?

9 hours ago, Runefox said:

Are you able to activate any other modes, like sports mode? Are any other features like Auto Motion Plus enabled? If so, try disabling them and try enabling Game Mode again and see if that makes a difference?

Sports mode can be activated yes (same goes for Game Notifications and Auto Highlights related to it).
HDR+ Mode right below Game Mode can't be activated either.
Auto Motion Plus is Off, I can't enable that either.

Edit: I resat the TV and updated it, now the HDR+ Mode and other are available.
Unfortunately Game Mode is still grayed out.

I figured it out!

- HDMI #
- Cable Box
- Game Console
- PC
- Blu-ray player

Mine was set to PC, because that is the input I have, and that is what worked on my old smart TV.

Once you do that, you can click the Home Button > Settings > Picture > Special Viewing Mode > Game Mode (On) 

5 hours ago, Svubber said:

I figured it out!

- HDMI #
- Cable Box
- Game Console
- PC
- Blu-ray player

Samsung please. You don't think people would want a low-latency mode for a PC? You're locking Game Mode based on the input label? Come on. Thanks for letting us know. This one's going to be good to know for future reference.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is from last year, but I'm having a similar issue and created an account just to ask for help. 

My issue is with my usb drive. I try to watch a movie on my usb drive but it's stuck on stadium mode. I want to change it to movie mode and it usually allows me to change it. My ps41512252132965588342283.thumb.jpg.8949bade1cc416c71e4dd14b79e2d628.jpg is also on, via HDMI port, and that is set to game mode. Problem is, when I go to source->USB drive, it doesn't have an "edit" option, only "information" (which notes Picture Mode: Stadium) and "add to home."

1512252215127983683941.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 10/31/2016 at 12:36 AM, Runefox said:

Samsung please. You don't think people would want a low-latency mode for a PC? You're locking Game Mode based on the input label? Come on. Thanks for letting us know. This one's going to be good to know for future reference.

Thanks, this is still relevant and nearly identical for 2019 model TV's.

I use a device to convert my N64 cable to HDMI, and the TV didn't recognize it.

Can't believe how backwards all this was. 

• 11 months later...
On 10/30/2016 at 5:00 AM, Svubber said:

I figured it out!

- HDMI #
- Cable Box
- Game Console
- PC
- Blu-ray player

which input did you have to use for this to work ,..,. if you can even remember