How recent is 'Recently Browsing' section?

Xanthe_2871

Just a quick question here, on the bottom of each forum thread is a 'Recently Browsing' section, how recent is it? In other words, how long does it hold someone's username after that user having browsed? 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Oh its just the users in the thread is all.

So it's not even recent it's really just live?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

As far as I can tell, it's whoever is currently viewing the topic in question right now and hasn't viewed another topic before closing the forum tab/browser.

Because the moment a member goes to another topic, their names go away.

But simply closing the tab or going on the main page isn't enough to make the name go away though, the member HAS to open another topic. Otherwise their name stays there for a few minutes.

(you can test this by opening 2 browser, one you're logged in and one where you're not)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You only count as viewing one topic at a time, but not even every page view updates it - only every 10 seconds. 

That means that the widget is very inaccurate, both not showing people who are viewing it, and showing people who aren't viewing it any more. 

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

You only count as viewing one topic at a time, but not even every page view updates it - only every 10 seconds. 

That means that the widget is very inaccurate, both not showing people who are viewing it, and showing people who aren't viewing it any more. 

That is a very detailed answer, and I appreciate it. Maybe it can be improved some day! :)

13 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

That is a very detailed answer, and I appreciate it. Maybe it can be improved some day! :)

Why?

15 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Having a more detailed version of it as well a version that updates faster or even live is very performance heavy. I think it is fine as it is.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Having a more detailed version of it as well a version that updates faster or even live is very performance heavy. I think it is fine as it is.

Fair point. But it would be cool. Maybe when server technology begins to really outpace the needs of LMG they could do it!

The server technology is there, but why waste money and time on something so useless.

5 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Fair point. But it would be cool. Maybe when server technology begins to really outpace the needs of LMG they could do it!

52 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

The server technology is there, but why waste money and time on something so useless.

:( It's not useless to me. How am I supposed to know what everyone is up to? I can't be nosy without it. :$ I can dream, can't I?

How many friends do you have on Facebook?

1 hour ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

:( It's not useless to me. How am I supposed to know what everyone is up to? I can't be nosy without it. :$ I can dream, can't I?

Why do you want to be so nosy and know what everyone is doing?

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

How many friends do you have on Facebook?

Why do you want to be so nosy and know what everyone is doing?

Because, reasons.