What should I get for Christmas?

I'm starting to think of what I want to add to my gaming pc this christmas, and I could use some help. I want my pc to be quieter, cooler, faster. I have some pc knowledge but Im looking for some better advice for making it more effecient. I dont want to buy anything too expensive like a gpu, cpu.  

Specs: 
Amd 8350 cpu 
Nvidia gtx 970 acx 2.0 gpu 
14 gb ram 
1.5. Tb hdd 
Rosewill redbone case 
3 intake fans, 1 extake 

Im thinking about also buying a small ssd for boot maybe? Or maybe another fan ( my case can fit one more.) maybe even another case that would allow better airflow and cable management. Also is there any sort of sound dampener i could find? Thanks!

if you don't already have an aftermarket CPU cooler, pick one up

I suggest the Cryorig H7, as it's amazing for it's price

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

cooler or ssd

25 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

a cooler or an ssd. but i'm inclined to bet on the ssd for your next upgrade. every PC should have an ssd, unless it's a budget build 

30 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

I'm starting to think of what I want to add to my gaming pc this christmas, and I could use some help. I want my pc to be quieter, cooler, faster. I have some pc knowledge but Im looking for some better advice for making it more effecient. I dont want to buy anything too expensive like a gpu, cpu.  

Specs: 
Amd 8350 cpu 
Nvidia gtx 970 acx 2.0 gpu 
14 gb ram 
1.5. Tb hdd 
Rosewill redbone case 
3 intake fans, 1 extake 

Im thinking about also buying a small ssd for boot maybe? Or maybe another fan ( my case can fit one more.) maybe even another case that would allow better airflow and cable management. Also is there any sort of sound dampener i could find? Thanks!

Ok, ssd is for sure going to be one of my items, but what size? I dont want to spend a ton, and what brand?

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Ok, ssd is for sure going to be one of my items, but what size? I dont want to spend a ton, and what brand?

samsung 850 evo.

120gb if you want only windows / OS and a few frequent programs, 250gb or more for OS, more frequent programs and games. you can use your hard drive as mass storage 

1 hour ago, shadowbyte said:

if you don't already have an aftermarket CPU cooler, pick one up

I suggest the Cryorig H7, as it's amazing for it's price

If you're worried about sound + temps then water cooling is probably best for you. Especially since it's so easy and cheap now. I'd recommend one of the corsair h100 coolers.

What should I get for Christmas?

I am gifting chocolates, RC stuff (kids), Nerf stuff (kids), some Cherry Coca Cola cans, maybe some Tahiti Treat cans or any other old fashion drinks I can get ahold of. I was thinking about going to Waltons place to buy some metal fans at 1/2 off, but I hate how every single store I go to they got crap in the aisle. I understand no minimum wage worker wants to work nights, but come on. Plus the P.A. announcement people irritate me because they never speak fluent, clear english. I made light of it today in Safeway when I heard perfect english over the P.A., the meat guy over heard me but kept his head in the meats. The Lays chip stockers smiled at me about the "crap in the aisle, must be a walmart" statement. Literally, every time I go they got pallets of boxes impeding my path.

I saw a good tech gift there the other day, cell phone camera clip on lense. I will snag some on dx.com.

Just now, catzambia said:

coal.

Thats "dirty" energy, must fill up the tank to go shopping. Then buy more plastics!

Quieter and faster i would say SSD boot drive.

If 250 is all you can afford you should look into just getting two 120 gb and run them in raid 0. It would give you 240gb of space at almost double the speed of a single sata 3 drive.

Just quieter: possibly a water cooler, or a new power supply with a fan that doesn't spin under a certain thermal threshold. 

Honestly, I would get an SSD before a cooler. People talk a lot of shit about the stock cooler on the FX chips, but the reality of it is that it's not that incompetent. Sure you can't overclock on them but it's okay, at least for now.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

14 hours ago, JimmyTheHeadcrab said:

If you're worried about sound + temps then water cooling is probably best for you. Especially since it's so easy and cheap now. I'd recommend one of the corsair h100 coolers.

Those things get VERY loud.