Possible system instability

Simon771

I don't know how exactly to describe this, but it feels like something is wrong with my PC and I can't figure out what exactly.

Few months ago I first noticed that sometimes PC just freezes for like 1-2 sec. When I'm listening to youtube on online radio, audio will lagg for few secounds and then back to normal.

Also mouse cursor would stop working for 1-2 sec, then with a bit of lag it would move and after 5 sec everything is just fine.

That bothered me so I tried to stress test every single component in my system. I even left Aida64 work over night with all components stress testing + valley benchmark running in the background. Nothing crashed.

But that problem still appeared few days later and every now and then.

So I did clean windows install and deleted everything that I had on my PC.

Still the same problem. Once or twice a day I get kinda PC freeze for few sec, and I just can't figure out what's causing it. 

It also happens when there is nothing running on PC, just desktop messenger app to talk with my gf and online radio. Nothing too heavy.

I was monitoring what's happening at the time when PC freezes, but nothing weird happens. CPU usage is normal all the time and same goes for SSD + GPU usage.

I did also check all event logs and try to see if some error/warning/informations came up at the time of PC freeze. Nothing.

It's annoying me as hell. Sure I'm glad that my PC doesn' acctually shut down or completly crash, but I just hate that feeling that my PC might be unstable.

So if anyone ever had same or similar problem please let me know how you fixed it.

Any ideas/suggestion (even moronic ones) are welcome.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Do you have anything oc'd? Just for testing, turn anything back to stock and see if it is still there

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just now, 19_blackie_73 said:

Do you have anything oc'd? Just for testing, turn anything back to stock and see if it is still there

I did test that even before I reinstalled windows and everything.

I do have CPU OCed to 4,5GHz, but that's just minor OC. Also like I said, same thing happens when I have everything on stock.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I have the same problme in my rig, it happen a lot when I play BF1. Try to check the you HHD if you have one

6 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I have the same problme in my rig, it happen a lot when I play BF1. Try to check the you HHD if you have one

Well I didn't get that problem while playing games but when I'm on desktop doing nothing intensive.

And I don't have HDD only SSDs.

WD My Cloud 4TB

I would bet on a too low Vcore. try adding some and see if it helps. (if not, remove it)

what is your CPU / Vcore atm ?

To add to the other suggestions here, I'd recommend running LatencyMon to monitor for when those freezes occur, and see if it can help narrow down which driver/service it is that's potentially causing the hang. Export the view after you've captured one, and post it here so we can take a look at it.