How can I change my profile name / username?

RRGT19

Hi,

How can I change my username / profile name?.

If not, how can I delete my account to create another one?.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

Hi,

How can I change my username / profile name?.

If not, how can I delete my account to create another one?.

Gotta message an admin.

You can't.

here is some direction: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23093-faq/

How do I change my username/display name?

Please contact a member of the moderation team for this. Usernames will only be changed for one of the following reasons.

1. The username is broken in export from Steam or other third party and results in a username of a numerical value.
  2. The username contains personal identifiers such as a persons full name.

20 hours ago, airdeano said:

here is some direction: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23093-faq/

Hi, can you change the username for me please?.

I want to change it because I use another nickname everywhere, even it is my nickname in real life. It is my nickname on steam, origin, uplay, other forums, etc.. I like to have just one nickname everywhere, easy to remember, please help me.

11 hours ago, RGT said:

I want to change it because I use another nickname everywhere, even it is my nickname in real life. It is my nickname on steam, origin, uplay, other forums, etc.. I like to have just one nickname everywhere, easy to remember, please help me.

It says right there in FAQ that you need to contact @Windspeed36 to request name change. And that they are only done if current is broken (FB import) or contains personal info such as full name or email. Otherwise you just need to stick with it and hint to your other usernames from Profile or with sig.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, RGT said:

Your situation doesn't qualify for a change. 

Please contact a member of the moderation team for this. Usernames will only be changed for one of the following reasons.

1. The username is broken in export from Steam or other third party and results in a username of a numerical value.
  2. The username contains personal identifiers such as a persons full name.

As you can see, you can only request a change in these two cases. In other words, no, you can't change it, so deal with it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Yeah, I'd like a username change as well, as my current username I don't use anywhere else on the web any more, really.

It seems like Wind is in good mood. OPs nick has been changed. I personally think previous was better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 26/10/2016 at 1:54 PM, John777 said:

Same issues with me help please

This is the first post you've made on the forum, genius. If you instantly regret your choice, that sucks for you. If you don't even know which nick to use, you might as well just stick to what you've got.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro