Is Arctic i32 CO good for OC

datho

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a PC with the unlocked 6700K and I want to buy a decent cooler (in a decent price) that can handle a fair OC (4.6Ghz is OK).

Is Arctic's i32 CO a good cooler for that pupose? From looking on the graph in the Arctic's website it seems like it handles 4790K fairly well, but I'd like to hear your advice/reviews/thoughts.

Thanks! 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Thanks, however I prefer to hear you thoughts on the i32 becuase sadly not every cooler available in the states available here at my local stores, and shipping is almost always a probelm. I wish they would sell here Cryorig H7/H5 and CM 212 EVO, but sadly those prudocts are not sold here...

39 minutes ago, datho said:

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a PC with the unlocked 6700K and I want to buy a decent cooler (in a decent price) that can handle a fair OC (4.6Ghz is OK).

Is Arctic's i32 CO a good cooler for that pupose? From looking on the graph in the Arctic's website it seems like it handles 4790K fairly well, but I'd like to hear your advice/reviews/thoughts.

Thanks! 

i have the same cooler, handles my OC'd 2500k, doesnt go past 48c

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

4 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

i have the same cooler, handles my OC'd 2500k, doesnt go past 48c

Great to hear ,it seems like the 2500K and the 6700K has the same TDP so it seems to be great cooler. What you room temp? 

its about the same as an evo 212 so i'd see no problem with recommending it 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

1 minute ago, LukaH said:

its about the same as an evo 212 so i'd see no problem with recommending it 

OK, thanks. How do you know btw?

1 minute ago, datho said:

OK, thanks. How do you know btw?

i recently put together a new pc for my mom. i originally ordered the evo 212 but the place i got it from offered me the Arctic's i32 (non-CO version but from what i can tell only the fan is different) for the same price. looked at some reviews and it was pretty much the same. in the end it was even better because the non-co version has a semi passive fan (good for office work)

1 minute ago, LukaH said:

i recently put together a new pc for my mom. i originally ordered the evo 212 but the place i got it from offered me the Arctic's i32 (non-CO version but from what i can tell only the fan is different) for the same price. looked at some reviews and it was pretty much the same. in the end it was even better because the non-co version has a semi passive fan (good for office work)

OK, if your'e happy with it I think I'll get one too. 

5 minutes ago, datho said:

OK, if your'e happy with it I think I'll get one too. 

well i didnt oc on the thing so there is that but it should be fine. if you want more cooling performance you can always swap the fan with a better one or add another it comes with two fan brackets. :)

3 minutes ago, LukaH said:

well i didnt oc on the thing so there is that but it should be fine. if you want more cooling performance you can always swap the fan with a better one or add another it comes with two fan brackets. :)

Thanks! However Ive seen many positive stuff on the 212 EVO for 6700K overclocking so it should be right. And I guess youre right and adding a 2nd fan is an option too. 

8 hours ago, datho said:

Thanks, however I prefer to hear you thoughts on the i32 becuase sadly not every cooler available in the states available here at my local stores, and shipping is almost always a probelm. I wish they would sell here Cryorig H7/H5 and CM 212 EVO, but sadly those prudocts are not sold here...

Where are you shopping/located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located?

Israel. 

Just now, datho said:

Israel. 

Can you link us to where you're shopping? What's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Can you link us to where you're shopping? What's your budget?

Sure, thank you very much! Here is a link to the store, my budget is around 200ILS and the i32 CO fits in perfectly. 

You can sort by price however it didn't allow me to link to the list ordered by price for some reason. There are two prices for each item because they give 2% discount for people who pay in cash.

You can use Chrome to translate the website to English if you want however it's mostly English so you should be fine with it, I hope.

Thanks for your will to help me, very appereciate that. (By the way, you are the second guy that asked me to link to store, there are such great people here in this forum!).

1 hour ago, datho said:

Sure, thank you very much! Here is a link to the store, my budget is around 200ILS and the i32 CO fits in perfectly. 

You can sort by price however it didn't allow me to link to the list ordered by price for some reason. There are two prices for each item because they give 2% discount for people who pay in cash.

You can use Chrome to translate the website to English if you want however it's mostly English so you should be fine with it, I hope.

Thanks for your will to help me, very appereciate that. (By the way, you are the second guy that asked me to link to store, there are such great people here in this forum!).

The ETS-T40F-RF should be a bit better. 

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The ETS-T40F-RF should be a bit better. 

Thank you so much! I guess it's really better becuase the 140mm fan and higher TDP rated...

Moreover it allows 2nd fan installation like in the i32 CO so I guess it's a better option overall.

Thank you very much for your kind help!