Canon VIXIA HF R600 Please Help!

Go to solution Solved by AkiraDaarkst,

So you bought a microSD card with an adapter.  I looked at the camera specs and it supports SDXC, even recommending class 10 cards.

Do the following:

1. Check the memory card on another device, perhaps a computer.  Test whether the card or adapter is faulty.

2. Test the camera with another memory card, do you have any old SD cards lying around?  This will confirm whether the memory card slot on the camera is faulty or not.

If there are no faults with either test, perhaps the card isn't really supported by the camera and you need a lower spec card.

I recently bought my Canon Vixia hf r600 and a SanDisk Extreme Plus MicroSDHC UHS-I card yet I keep receiving Memory card errors while recording the card claims to have a 90 MB/s write speed. Is something wrong with my Camera? or the card. It should be noted I bought the camera Refurbished directly from the Canon Website. Please help and thank you!

29 minutes ago, AezothGames said:

I recently bought my Canon Vixia hf r600 and a SanDisk Extreme Plus MicroSDHC UHS-I card yet I keep receiving Memory card errors while recording the card claims to have a 90 MB/s write speed. Is something wrong with my Camera? or the card. It should be noted I bought the camera Refurbished directly from the Canon Website. Please help and thank you!

Which exact capacity did you buy, some cameras (if they are old) do not support above certain capacities.  Also make sure you have formatted the card in camera and that the 'lock' switch on the card is not set to 'locked'.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

So you bought a microSD card with an adapter.  I looked at the camera specs and it supports SDXC, even recommending class 10 cards.

Do the following:

1. Check the memory card on another device, perhaps a computer.  Test whether the card or adapter is faulty.

2. Test the camera with another memory card, do you have any old SD cards lying around?  This will confirm whether the memory card slot on the camera is faulty or not.

If there are no faults with either test, perhaps the card isn't really supported by the camera and you need a lower spec card.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Do the following:

Thanks so much for the help, i called Canon and we tried a few things and turns out that UHC cards are not supported, going to return this tonight and get a bigger SDXC class 10