Utterly weird keyboard issue

Y510P lenovo laptop keyboard.

It all started when I 1st I noticed the keyboard left and right shift keys worked weird, did'nt respond half the time.

Then they simply stop working, i press shift but it doesnt do caps or @ or wathever, just no response.

So i proceed to removing the keyboard from the laptop, cleaning it up, cleaning the connectors and reconnecting it, closing up the laptop. Everything works fine and i am happy.

Then out of nowhere after i tought i had it fixed, the keyboard start doing weird stuff again with shift keys, for instance all keys will work with shift to make capital letters but t and y and other random crap like that, it would go like ERtyUI. and it stops working the day after.

Some of the other symptoms I noticed are that I had to press shift a couple times before it catch up and start working for like 10-20 seconds before failing again. repeat cycle style.

Okay so after that i try to fix for the second time, open up the laptop, make sure the keyboard connections are fine, reconnect them and i apply tape to maintain them in place in case the plastic pins are not enough and if they somehow come lose. once again it fixes it... but not for long.

So i am bored of this crap and try to learn life without shift keys, when suddenly i am on steam with a friend and tell him about the issue, type random letters while holding shift so he can see they are not capital letters when suddenly i see some capital letters in the bunch. like hsldGdHdasdgKgdalT. And the more i do it, the more capital letters there is. and then WOAW it seems like it fixed itself for absolutely no fricking reason.

So i come to you with this haunted hardware worthy story. tell me what you think because right now i am seriously mind boggled about what is causing the issue...

(this is happening over months)

Try to reinstall windows maybe? If that doesn't work then the keyboard is broken and it needs to be replaced altogether 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Try to reinstall windows maybe? If that doesn't work then the keyboard is broken and it needs to be replaced altogether 

lol somehow it's working perfectly fine now, that's what's weird about it, it's constantly fluctuating between totally broken shift keys, half working shift keys, and perfectly working shift keys for absolutely no reason whatsoever...

8 hours ago, Howitz said:

lol somehow it's working perfectly fine now, that's what's weird about it, it's constantly fluctuating between totally broken shift keys, half working shift keys, and perfectly working shift keys for absolutely no reason whatsoever...

It seems like the keyboard is broken then, replace it and you should be fine... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402