looking for a reliable fan hub

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

your asus mobo can control the 3-pin fans in DC mode. upto 2-3 fans on one header is possible and work real well in my cases.

all in setting up the fans in the UEFI (set those spots to DC mode)

hey guys, so im looking for a good reliable fan hub to control the speed of my fans. right now the fans are really loud because they are spinning at 80% i believe. 

the current case fans (x3) i have are --> https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-140mm-Cooling-Fan-PH-F140SP_BK/dp/B00E9NZV4Y

these fans are 3pin so i cant control the speed though bios (asus z170 deluxe mobo) i was considering this hub:  https://www.amazon.com/Nzxt-AC-GRDP2-M1-Digital-Controller-connector/dp/B0156YBCKG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

give me some suggestions on what fan hub i should get. relatively under or around $30

thanks ahead of time

3 pin fans can be controlled by your mobo. Just plug 'em in to the 4 pin header. They'll work  just fine.

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"

Love my NZXT Sentry Mesh. It has physical sliders and it goes into one of the slots on the face of your case. Not sure where you'd find one to buy, though, but if you can it's really good.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

7 hours ago, treeroy said:

Love my NZXT Sentry Mesh. It has physical sliders and it goes into one of the slots on the face of your case. Not sure where you'd find one to buy, though, but if you can it's really good.

Thanks for the reply, but my case doesn't have front panel for it. Should I just buy it and leave it on the bottom of my case? My case is really big (evolve enthoo ATX)

8 hours ago, spark12072001 said:

3 pin fans can be controlled by your mobo. Just plug 'em in to the 4 pin header. They'll work  just fine.

i tried, i cant

your asus mobo can control the 3-pin fans in DC mode. upto 2-3 fans on one header is possible and work real well in my cases.

On 10/19/2016 at 6:29 PM, airdeano said:

i cant, am i missing something? i legit went into qfan, turned on dc for all chassis fan and ext fan, but i cant adjust the fan curve. 

On 10/19/2016 at 6:29 PM, airdeano said:

nvm i got it to work, thanks