R9 280 ICE q

so i was going to get a second one of these cards for crossfire and i cant find any for sale, does anyone know why they are so hard to find?

Because it's 2 generations old and there were never many of that model in the 1st place. You don't need to use 2 of the same model to cross fire. Also cross fire is a waste of time and money.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Also cross fire is a waste of time and money.

Crossfire isn't that bad if you can find the cards for the right price.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

13 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Because it's 2 generations old and there were never many of that model in the 1st place. You don't need to use 2 of the same model to cross fire. Also cross fire is a waste of time and money.

That's true but CFX isn't too bad...at least it's scaling is better than SLI :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

24 minutes ago, xXATHERIALXx said:

so i was going to get a second one of these cards for crossfire and i cant find any for sale, does anyone know why they are so hard to find?

Probably because you are looking for a specific model. The good news is that you can crossfire that card with any R9 280, R9 280x, HH 7950, and HD 7970. That should make it easier for you to find some extra card in the used market.

I had an VTX3D 280, and then saw a good deal on a used Sapphire 7950 and brought it home. The 7950 was clocked a little lower, but I put them both at the 280 speed (tiny OC, the VTX3D wasn't factory OC too far) and that's it. I don't play very new games, which is where most problems are to be expected, but for stuff I do it works like a charm (sometimes it's just overkill, though, as I could do with a single 280. But no stuttering or anything like that).