looking for gaming mouse +NO side buttons

IAEInferno

Budget under $100, it's comfortable, no side buttons, if possible only LMB, MMB, RMB.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

There are no Gaming Mice without thump buttons.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

you could just not use the buttons... and you`ll have a LOT more choice

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

you could just not use the buttons... and you`ll have a LOT more choice

There's a reason why I don't want side buttons, and it's because I find it more comfortable without any side buttons.

23 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

There's a reason why I don't want side buttons, and it's because I find it more comfortable without any side buttons.

Then its not a gaming mouse, u are looking for "a mouse with only 3 buttons". 

But some mice have the "side buttons" higher up almost right next to the left click. Can u specify your issue so people know exactly what to recommend. Sounds like u have really wife thumb or some other physical issue.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

Then its not a gaming mouse, u are looking for "a mouse with only 3 buttons". 

But some mice have the "side buttons" higher up almost right next to the left click. Can u specify your issue so people know exactly what to recommend. Sounds like u have really wife thumb or some other physical issue.

Having more than 3 buttons doesn't make it a gaming mouse nor does having less than 4 buttons make it a non-gaming mouse, if you have knowledge of a gaming mouse without side buttons then by all means recommend me one without being rude and assuming I have a "wife" thumb or any physical issue.

41 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

-snip-

Well u still havent said why u dont want them and because its such a big secret the only reason that came to my mind was a thumb problem since that the only body part in contact with side buttons.

I hate when people ask for help but refuse to provide the full story behind their decision. Thats just me.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

6 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Having more than 3 buttons doesn't make it a gaming mouse...

What do you call a "gaming mouse"?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

Well u still hacent said why u dont want them and because its such a big secret the only reason that came to my mind was a thumb problem since that the only body part in contact with side buttons.

I hate when people ask for help but refuse to provide the full story behind their decision. Thats just me.

You do know that I clearly said that I find it more comfortable without no side buttons and is not an issue with having a thumb problem, stop being rude and maybe recommend a gaming mouse if you know one without side buttons.

I hate it when people act like they are helping but are just low-key trolling, but that's just me.

There are mice with extremely low profile, flush (ish), side buttons that you may like. Razor Mamba is an example of this which I have. The side buttons are positioned well out of the way and you don't notice they are there unless you go to use them. The Razor Mamba is one of the most conservative style gaming mouse out there, very basic standard shape and no mess of buttons and the ones that are there are well positioned discrete low profile.

As a courtesy reminder to everyone in this thread please keep it civil and polite.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Community Standards

2 hours ago, IAEInferno said:

You do know that I clearly said that I find it more comfortable without no side buttons and is not an issue with having a thumb problem, stop being rude and maybe recommend a gaming mouse if you know one without side buttons.

I hate it when people act like they are helping but are just low-key trolling, but that's just me.

I was genuinely curious about what the big deal about side buttons is, somehow missed (or didnt take that as a serious reason) your "comfortable" part and u got offended very quickly and acused of trolling. Nuff said.

I dont know of any mice with no side buttons as thats a part of every mouse ive seen reviewed since like 2012. I did mention tgat there are some mice that dont have as irritating side buttons as others. I have no recommendations and I highly doubt there is even a person on this forum who will read this topic amd own a no sode buttons mouse.

Side buttons are so damn helpful these days, I don't think I can live without it...

Few Options from the top of my head:

Logitech G900 (over budget though)

ROG Sica

Roccat Kiro (A3050, so only up to 1000cpi really useable, also heavy for its size)

Roccat Lua (A3050, so only up to 1000cpi really useable)

Razer Abyssus

Logitech G100s

the new Deathadder 3500 with PMW3320

The g400s has a special groove for your thumb so the side buttons are separate from where your thumb is and the side buttons are pretty low profile. I don't have much experience with any other mouse.

Edit: Someone in my thread recommended me the Corsair Katar mouse. Noticed it had no side buttons so you might like it.

Roccat Kiro. Both side grips are attached by magnet. You can have buttons on either sides, or no button at all.

On 9/29/2016 at 8:50 PM, Ichi said:

Side buttons are so damn helpful these days, I don't think I can live without it...

Commit seppuku when you have no side buttons, never nuke a country twice...

• 3 years later...

I just want to say OP is justified in his request. There may have been others that said that, but I saw at least one person say if it doesn't have side buttons it's not a gaming mouse. That is ridiculous. Side buttons interfere with best and non-distracting grip for people like me and the OP. It is a perfectly valid, needed, yet missing item the industry. Makers are too concerned about leaving something off others have. But sometimes that's better. We need mice in variety of standard shapes (I prefer the classic Logitech mx300 shape) with only the 2 main button and scroll, as the OP said. Just because more buttons can be put on mice does not mean that provides some essential thing that is necessarily better for 'gaming', especially where your grip etc matters the most. The buttons interfere in fine quick movements especially 'up' and 'down' movements and also in picking up and putting down the mouse while maintaining best uninterrupted control. Subjectivism is humanty's biggest problem by far.