My first ( properly thought out ) build - taking suggestions!

Armakar

So, this is my first properly thought out and planned build. Before, I have had 2 pre-built PCs and paid no attention to branding or anything, and I had 1 custom built PC that I  fried and looked bad and was poorly chosen.

However, this PC was researched A LOT! I chose only quality, high durability high performance components.

For anyone interested, I am an 18 year old PC enthusiast studying IT in college.

For anyone who only cares about pics I'll post them now!

Specs :

Intel I7 6700K

16GB Gskill Ripjaws 2400MHZ RAM

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X edition 8GB

MSI Gaming 5 Z170A 

Corsair H100i V2 AIO watercooler

240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD

1TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD

Corsair RM 550X Gold Powersupply

NZXT H440 Case  red/black

3x be quiet! silent wings 2 fans ( intake front )

1x corsair AF120 red LED exhaust

2x stock corsair SP120 exhaust radiator fans (mounted on top)

As you can see, it looks great! A sleek red/black theme, quiet fans ( apart from the radiator, thanks corsair.. ) dust filters, a beast graphics card/CPU combo with great cooling.

The only thing left to do is lighting,  you don't notice it here because the flash on my phone was on - but it's really dark inside. The radiator takes up any spots to put a LED strip on the top shining down, and there is no room on the bottom ebcause the GPU overshadows everything ( it's massive )

Apart from that, this beast is killing it with every game i play, certainly happy that I did research before buying this time.

If you have any suggestions for stuff I can change round or on the lighting - let me know!

20160928_011217.jpg

20160928_011233.jpg

20160928_011248.jpg

20160928_011329.jpg

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

great build, but you better have overclocked with those parts :D

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

For those interested, here is the rest of my setup:

Planning on changing the headset for an elite prism  very soon!

20160928_011531.jpg

Main Rig

7 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

great build, but you better have overclocked with those parts :D

I haven't.. yet. Never overclocked before, scared of breaking my cores. MSI has an automatic game boost that clocks my CPU to 4.5, might try that.

Main Rig

Just now, Armakar said:

I haven't.. yet. Never overclocked before, scared of breaking my cores. MSI has an automatic game boost that clocks my CPU to 4.5, might try that.

try that or watching a guide. its better to undervolt than overvolt your cpu...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6700K & 1070 will OC nicely. But yes do your research & familiarize yourself with your bios and its setting before you start changing things. 

11 hours ago, Armakar said:

I don't recommend auto OC, in most cases it gives too much voltage than processor needs... And yeah if you destroy cpu by OC that means you really wanted to break it lol There are many security systems (like temp limit) that save your cpu from damage. Just don't go above 1.325 - 1.350 mV and you are good to go.

23 hours ago, NaLu said:

I don't recommend auto OC, in most cases it gives too much voltage than processor needs... And yeah if you destroy cpu by OC that means you really wanted to break it lol There are many security systems (like temp limit) that save your cpu from damage. Just don't go above 1.325 - 1.350 mV and you are good to go.

he can go way above safely with skylake. 1,4 is the max "recommended" it isn't even dangerous yet.

and you can still pay 30$ for an overclocking warranty 

http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/purchase-a-plan