Uses for spare SD cards, USB sticks, microSD cards, etc.?

YeshYyyK

I used to have 4 SD cards for each OS I wanted on my Raspberry Pi, but I've been able to get them all in one, so now I have a few spares, as well as a few USB sticks lying around.

What could I do with them?

I usually just wipe them and give them to kids I teach when they need to move files. Keep some music on them for the car, throw them in your camera bag or something.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

If you have to deal with troubleshooting/fixing a lot of computers, I'd make a Hiren's bootCD out of one USB stick and a Ultimate BootCD out of another. Maybe a live linux stick, Windows installation sticks and so on. I personally carry around five sticks. One for HBCD, one large and fast one for backing up some data and storing my scripts for it, and three for Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 installations.

This is sticks though. While it's most often possible to boot a PC from an SD card, you can't really trust for just any PC to have the reader.

I use my spare usb and sd cards to either have portable testprograms and troubleshooting software at hand, also one is encripted and stores all my passwords 

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Depends. It would be cool if you made a RAID with the USB's.

17 minutes ago, Puhtutz said:

Depends. It would be cool if you made a RAID with the USB's.

you could with windows storage spaces, you could also pool then with your drives to expand your storage if you so wish.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´