Help me silent my pc... pls

Auerhahn

So I got a Cooler Master Silencio 652S with the 3 Stock-fans installed. So like you probably read in the Title I want to make my PC quieter (hopefully on the cheap) because I often render overnight while I try to get some sleep.

Can somebody help me lower the RPM on my fans or should I buy new fans like noctuas?

Have you identified which components are too loud?

What are your specs and load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

Yep, except i only got normal screws

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you identified which components are too loud?

under gaming load my GPU, but I don't care about that. While rendering the case and CPU fans are the "problem" (quiet but not enough for sleeping).

4 minutes ago, Auerhahn said:

under gaming load my GPU, but I don't care about that. While rendering the case and CPU fans are the "problem" (quiet but not enough for sleeping).

What are the model names of the fans you're using and which header are you powering them off of?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Maybe optimize the temperature curves in your fan settings. Maybe they are going nuts when it is a little warm. Try to find the right balance between noise level and not getting a shutdown pc from overheating. 

Other thing you can do is as already mentioned get a beefier cooler for your CPU. 

If new fans do the trick i don't know. I have the same fans as you on my AiO liquid cooler and they are quiet. But if they ramp up to full rpm they get really loud. So try to optimize first, then change if needed.

On 20.9.2016 at 11:18 PM, Auerhahn said:

Yep, except i only got normal screws

Stock CPU cooler? You might want to invest on aftermarket. Something cheap like H7. Which mobo? Some mobos have better fan control software than others to adjust CPU fan curve. If your's isn't among them, you can use Speedfan. It takes some time and effort to config but its also best and only 3rd party software there is. GPU fan can be easily adjusted with MSI Afterburner (etc.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

which cpu cooler do you have? thats the most likely culprit of the noise. if it cant keep the cpu cool enough, it will ramp up both the cpu fan and the case fans.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

On 21.9.2016 at 11:55 AM, Sunrocks said:

Maybe optimize the temperature curves in your fan settings. Maybe they are going nuts when it is a little warm. Try to find the right balance between noise level and not getting a shutdown pc from overheating. 

Other thing you can do is as already mentioned get a beefier cooler for your CPU. 

If new fans do the trick i don't know. I have the same fans as you on my AiO liquid cooler and they are quiet. But if they ramp up to full rpm they get really loud. So try to optimize first, then change if needed.

My Bios is to old to have Fan curves and i don't know how to set then apart from that ...