Fallout Shelter in old device

Archetype117

Anyone know how I would be able to play fallout shelter on an android 4.2 device (Galaxy Tab 2)

When I go on the play store I get the your device is not compatible message

14 minutes ago, Archetype117 said:

Anyone know how I would be able to play fallout shelter on an android 4.2 device (Galaxy Tab 2)

You could try rooting it and change what model the Tablet is read as, For instance you could make the playstore think that you are on a more modern tablet than you currently are. I have done this once before with a old device and it seemed to work. note that Rooting your device likely will void any warranty you might still have though.

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

10 minutes ago, ShadowArk said:

You could try rooting it and change what model the Tablet is read as, For instance you could make the playstore think that you are on a more modern tablet than you currently are. I have done this once before with a old device and it seemed to work. note that Rooting your device likely will void any warranty you might still have though.

Never been that keen on the thought of rooting. Ill keep it in mind as a plan B though. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Why not sideload the app and test it? Quite a few times you get that message even if you device should be totally compatible with the game. Also, the app itself is free so there is no issue of legality involved here.

is side loading installing from an APK as I have done this already but it still didn't work. I got a message saying updates for the game couldn't be installed as I had "purchased" the app from an illegitimate source

On 20/09/2016 at 5:36 PM, Archetype117 said:

is side loading installing from an APK as I have done this already but it still didn't work. I got a message saying updates for the game couldn't be installed as I had "purchased" the app from an illegitimate source

are you sure you got the right version look what the version number is on google play then look for that when downloading the apk from the internet

I lurk a lot

5 hours ago, peej said:

are you sure you got the right version look what the version number is on google play then look for that when downloading the apk from the internet

i already checked that. it was the same

On 23/09/2016 at 4:46 PM, Archetype117 said:

i already checked that. it was the same

looks like besthsda put some measures in to prevent people doing this then 

I lurk a lot