chosing a pump

kip

I am in the process of creating a watercooling system, for under 250usd i am found a block and radiator (just for cpu ATM)

i am deciding between a laing ddc or d5 and any aftermarket variants, any surgestions

im planning on getting adding the gpu to the loop early next year, so it needs to be able to push the water.

and pref not any bay pump/res combo's

id ideally like to have it under 100usd for a pump res combo

also any cheap 240 rads?

please get back to me.

Peace out...

4 minutes ago, kip said:

I am in the process of creating a watercooling system, for under 250usd i am found a block and radiator (just for cpu ATM)

i am deciding between a laing ddc or d5 and any aftermarket variants, any surgestions

im planning on getting adding the gpu to the loop early next year, so it needs to be able to push the water.

and pref not any bay pump/res combo's

id ideally like to have it under 100usd for a pump res combo

also any cheap 240 rads?

please get back to me.

Peace out...

I would recommend to get a kit form EKWB as they are usually quite good value for what you will get, if you want to do a full loop with a GPU later on something like the P360 kit would be excellent for that. 

Its a bit out of budget ATM I will buy another 240rad when I get GPU block

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

I would recommend to get a kit form EKWB as they are usually quite good value for what you will get, if you want to do a full loop with a GPU later on something like the P360 kit would be excellent for that. 

Also I just want a pump ATM all I need, will the laing DDC push x1 CPU x1 GPU and x2 240 rads

2 minutes ago, kip said:

Its a bit out of budget ATM I will buy another 240rad when I get GPU block

Also I just want a pump ATM all I need, will the laing DDC push x1 CPU x1 GPU and x2 240 rads

The DDC isn't a bad unit and would be very capable of that, while it is not as quite as the say the D5 which is still considered the gold standard in terms of watercooling pumps. Main thing for the DDC is to have a heatsink on it as it does get quite warm, and isn't actively cooled by the fluid like the D5. 

Just now, W-L said:

The DDC isn't a bad unit and would be very capable of that, while it is not as quite as the say the D5 which is still considered the gold standard in terms of watercooling pumps. Main thing for the DDC is to have a heatsink on it as it does get quite warm, and isn't actively cooled by the fluid like the D5. 

One final thing, do you know what the cheapest d5 / d5 combo is?

I will probably go with d5 for silence and futureproffness 

Just now, kip said:

One final thing, do you know what the cheapest d5 / d5 combo is?

I will probably go with d5 for silence and futureproffness 

The pump combo unit usually are pretty good deal, EKWB makes a pretty good one.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

Does the pwm pump change as the CPU heat varies as I have no way of manually changing it?

6 minutes ago, kip said:

Does the pwm pump change as the CPU heat varies as I have no way of manually changing it?

You can setup a fan curve in the BIOS to either ramp up the pump at higher load or to set it up at a reasonable speed, in most cases varying the speed or having it at full speed vs idle doesn't make a huge difference in terms of performance.