Mi 4C vs Redmi 3s

Hello, I can't make up my mind between The Xiaomi Redmi 3s and the Xiaomi Mi 4C. The Mi 4C is lighter, thinner and smaller than the 3s (which matters to me) but has a smaller battery and 16GB of non-expandable storage which might not be a problem but could be one in the future. I'm not sure about the performace, that's why I can't choose between them, the 3s has a octa core at 1.4 GHz and the 4C has a Hexa core (2 fast cores at 1.8 GHz and 4 cores at 1.4 GHz) and the 4C also has a higher resolution which could potentially make the performance worse and probably drains more battery life. Also has anyone bought from Geekbuying? I saw both phones almost two times cheaper than in my country on their site.

I only ordered once from Geekbuying and had no problem whatsoever.

As for the phones, the battery life on the Redmi 3 is just amazing. Never had a phone with that much stamina. On normal usage, count easily 3-4 days on one charge. The 720p display is actually a great surprise. I always prefered 1080p displays on 5" phones, but the difference is only noticeable in terms of available surface. The screen feels a bit more crowded than a 1080p display, but the PPI is really not an issue. Plus, the colors and viewing angles are amazing. The Mi4C doesn't have a small battery though. I have a Mi 3 (5" 1080p like the mi4, very similar phones) and the battery is outstanding, even 2 years later. You easily can get 2 days in light/normal usage with the Mi 4 if it's the same as the Mi 3.

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

1 minute ago, roylapoutre said:

As for the phones, the battery life on the Redmi 3 is just amazing. Never had a phone with that much stamina. On normal usage, count easily 3-4 days on one charge. The 720p display is actually a great surprise. I always prefered 1080p displays on 5" phones, but the difference is only noticeable in terms of available surface. The screen feels a bit more crowded than a 1080p display, but the PPI is really not an issue. Plus, the colors and viewing angles are amazing. The Mi4C doesn't have a small battery though. I have a Mi 3 (5" 1080p like the mi4, very similar phones) and the battery is outstanding, even 2 years later. You easily can get 2 days in light/normal usage with the Mi 4 if it's the same as the Mi 3.

But is your Mi 3 better in performance than your Redmi 3? I think it could be but I'm not sure if it is. That's why I'm asking and 2 days is more than good enough anyway, I don't use my phone too often I'm more concerned about the portability which is better with the Mi 4C than the Redmi 3. And I know that 1080p and 720p make almost no difference.

2 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

But is your Mi 3 better in performance than your Redmi 3? I think it could be but I'm not sure if it is. That's why I'm asking and 2 days is more than good enough anyway, I don't use my phone too often I'm more concerned about the portability which is better with the Mi 4C than the Redmi 3. And I know that 1080p and 720p make almost no difference.

The Redmi 3 is a bit weak in terms of performance, even with a 720p screen. The Mi3/Mi4 are much snappier for sure, especially in 3D apps. If you don't need an extraordinary battery life and prefer a snappy phone with a great screen, I'd go with the Mi4 for sure. And as I said, battery life will be more than enough for normal usage and much better than 90% of the phones out there already!

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

12 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

Thank you very much for replying, you helped me make my decision, I'll probably buy the Mi 4 soon. Thank you.

Just now, dome3731 said:

Thank you very much for replying, you helped me make my decision, I'll probably buy the Mi 4 soon. Thank you.

You're welcome ;)