YCCTeam Qi Charging Stand

Hey guys, I was looking for a new Qi charger for my phone since my old one stopped working and wanted to share my experience with you on this product if some of you were curious as well. For full disclosure, the product was sent for coverage but as with everything that does not affect the tone or stance of my writing.

MKbMqxBl.jpg

OmVkRuil.jpg

meTGpFyl.jpg

VFyQvgel.jpg

flUrvLZl.jpg

t0w7rRWl.jpg

jRhy94Ml.jpg

BoU7Hefl.jpg

J0ZNv1vl.jpg

STDIXmDl.jpg

Uk7zy1vl.jpg

I purchased this using another Amazon account which has Amazon Prime, but this is the account I have used for reviews so please keep this in mind that I have indeed purchased it from Amazon itself. The product is a wireless charger stand and something potential buyers should be aware of is that you WILL need a wall to female USB type A plug, as this does not come with one. I can understand why YCCTeam did this, since this way they can sell the same SKU worldwide without having to account for different AC wall sockets but I am sure some people will not read the entire description and then regret the purchase. That being said, the product itself is really good. It comes well packaged with a separate compartment for the micro-USB to USB cable (which then goes to the wall adapter plug), and it is long enough at 1 meter long. The stand itself is also separately covered and has a nice, soft rubber touch on the primary surface with the stand part itself being a more matte finish that is more resistant to scratches. This is a good combination of materials used and the latch itself is also fairly sturdy. I have used it for close to a week now and purposely folded/unfolded over 150 times but it has not shown any give. The instruction manual is nothing to brag about, but gives you what you want to know from the product.

mJPTYrvl.jpg

XIrIJkJl.jpg

LrKudl8l.jpg

15nvDvMl.jpg

xR90muJl.jpg

There are 4 LED lights on the stand which light up blue when connected and powering, or red if there is something wrong. This is just a diagnostic means, and not an indication of anything else. The LEDs are also covered up when the phone is on the stand. Speaking of which, you can definitely use it with the stand upright or even folded, but it is far easier to use it upright. Fold it down when travelling, and leave it at that. Once upright, the phone can be vertical or horizontal and this means you can use it for content consumption while it is charging as well. My point of contention, besides the exclusion of a wall adapter, is that the charger only outputs 5V/1A (10 W) while they recommend a 5V/2A adapter at least. This is not at all a "Fast Qi charger" as they claim. This is mostly why I used my Nexus 4 with no fast charging support to test the device. On average, it took 70% longer to charge the phone from 5% to 100% compared to a direct connection using the same cable and wall adapter plug. Not the best, but does the job. It is not the most efficient charger either, but thankfully does not generate heat enough to get warm or hot to the touch.

If you are seeking a Qi charger, and are aware of the need for your own wall plug, go for it. Just don't expect fast charging.

It would perfectly work with my Samsung galaxy S7,what is your opinion?Where you guys buy it?Could you pls post the link to the Amazon listing?

• 2 weeks later...