Dual 4K monitors with a single Nvidia 1080 card?

I recently purchased a new computer and I was wondering whether my system will be able to run dual 4K monitors.

I'm not an avid gamer but I do want to be able to play demanding games every once in a while. 

They do not have to be running on ultra-high settings.

Is it possible to run Dual 4K monitors with a single Nvidia 1080 graphics card and still be able to play a demanding game on one monitor?

The monitors I'm eyeing to buy are dual Asus XB271HK 4K monitors.

I do not know what specification you need in order to answer my question.

Thank you all in advance for your responses. 

3 minutes ago, guillaumezeeman said:

I recently purchased a new computer and I was wondering whether my system will be able to run dual 4K monitors.

I'm not an avid gamer but I do want to be able to play demanding games every once in a while. 

They do not have to be running on ultra-high settings.

Is it possible to run Dual 4K monitors with a Nvidia 1080 graphics card and still be able to play a demanding game on one monitor?

The monitors I'm eyeing to buy are dual Asus XB271HK 4K monitors.

I do not know what specification you need in order to answer my question.

Thank you all in advance for your responses. 

It's impossible..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Yes you should be able to.  You can easily run dual 4K monitors on a 1080 for non-gaming stuff and for gaming, you can run it on a single 4K monitor on decent enough graphics settings.

EDIT:

Though is there any particular reason you want 4K screens?  If it's for productivity, fine, though keep in mind you may need to set the scaling in Windows to about 150% as text will be very small.  And when you game, you can always scale it down to 1440p resolution in the game.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Thank you Abdul201588 and ALwin for your replies, but now I'm confused..

Is it possible for one Nvidia graphics card to power to 4K monitors and does someone know the limitations of this setup?

46 minutes ago, guillaumezeeman said:

Thank you Abdul201588 and ALwin for your replies, but now I'm confused..

Is it possible for one Nvidia graphics card to power to 4K monitors and does someone know the limitations of this setup?

You can run two 4K monitors easily with a GTX 1080, for non-gaming stuff.  But when you game, you should use only one monitor and it probably will not work at 60fps on very high/ultra graphics settings for the game.

I am gaming with a single Titan X (Maxwell version, I actually have two Titan X cards in my system and they used to be set for SLI, but since I added a Quadro GPU I had to disable the SLI on the Titans) on a 5K DELL monitor scaled down to 1440p in the game and it easily works at 60fps on the highest settings for that game. Keep in mind that different games might have different definitions of what "highest" settings mean.

If you have dual 980ti or 1080 in SLI, you should be able to game in 4K resolution at 60fps on very high to ultra graphics settings (depending on the game of course).

The reason I say 60fps is due to the 60hz refresh rate of 4K monitors.  I'm not a serious gamer, I only play games occasionally.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Thanks ALwin!!

I want to buy two 4K monitors for the extra pixels I can use when I need to work.

I'm not going to use them to play video games. 

I have one more question, can I play a game at 1080p and leave a 4k monitor on, or do I need to disable or turn of the other 4k monitor.

1 minute ago, guillaumezeeman said:

Thanks ALwin!!

I want to buy two 4K monitors for the extra pixels I can use when I need to work.

I'm not going to use them to play video games. 

I have one more question, can I play a game at 1080p and leave a 4k monitor on, or do I need to disable or turn of the other 4k monitor.

You can play on one screen with whatever resolution you want.  The other screen will just be your secondary monitor, for music / other programs  etc.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

2 minutes ago, guillaumezeeman said:

Depends on the game. The 2nd monitor will consume some Vram and GPU power.

So get a program that monitors GPU resources, like gpuz, and keep an eye on it. If you find the card throttle it self, then you might want to disable the 2nd monitor, to reduce the amount the card throttles.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

1 minute ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

Depends on the game. The 2nd monitor will consume some Vram and GPU power.

So get a program that monitors GPU resources, like gpuz, and keep an eye on it. If you find the card throttle it self, then you might want to disable the 2nd monitor, to reduce the amount the card throttles.

Oh good lord it'll be fine.  Windows desktop uses like no VRAM whatsoever, a 1080 has 8GB of vram. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

1 minute ago, Lays said:

Oh good lord it'll be fine.  Windows desktop uses like no VRAM whatsoever, a 1080 has 8GB of vram. 

Depends on what you do on the 2nd monitor. I know streamers have the problem with 2nd monitor limiting game performance, in some games (like modded Skyrim).

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.