Why isn't my cpu fan isn't spinning.

Odessy

for some odd reason my fan isn't spinning & i have it plugged in correctly into the cpu fan. any reason to why my fan isnt spinning?

13 minutes ago, Odessy said:

for some odd reason my fan isn't spinning & i have it plugged in correctly into the cpu fan. any reason to why my fan isnt spinning?

It would help if you told us which GPU you're using.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

10 minutes ago, Odessy said:

Is the cable damaged? cut? Something stuck between heatsink and blades? Messed-up fan profile?

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, Anand_Geforce said:

Is the cable damaged? cut? Something stuck between heatsink and blades? Messed-up fan profile?

nope ppl tell me to check bios but i dont see any opinions bout my cpu fan 

1 minute ago, Odessy said:

nope ppl tell me to check bios but i dont see any opinions bout my cpu fan 

Try a different fan, or plug the CPU fan into a different header...

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, Anand_Geforce said:

Try a different fan, or plug the CPU fan into a different header...

im not really that much experienced into pc but what other header will i plug it into?

15 minutes ago, Odessy said:

im not really that much experienced into pc but what other header will i plug it into?

Your motherboard manual will have a detailed diagram of the motherboard, which includes all ports, connectors, headers, slots, jumpers, and the CPU socket. You can find the headers yourself too -

• Have a look at your CPU fan header - it generally comprises of 3 or 4 upright pins, and it will have a small label near it that says 'CPU_FAN' or something similar.
  • Search the rest of your motherboard for a similar header with 3/4 pins. It will also have a label that will contain the word 'FAN'. Plug it in and see if it works...
  • If it still doesn't work, notify the merchant from whom you got the CPU fan, and you might get a free replacement if your warranty isn't over yet.
  • But if it does, either the CPU fan header is at fault, or the header is probably disabled or something in the BIOS.

If you could tell me your motherboard's make and model, and also that of your CPU fan's, it'll be easier to solve the problem...

Nothing to see here ;)

18 minutes ago, Anand_Geforce said:

Your motherboard manual will have a detailed diagram of the motherboard, which includes all ports, connectors, headers, slots, jumpers, and the CPU socket. You can find the headers yourself too -

• Have a look at your CPU fan header - it generally comprises of 3 or 4 upright pins, and it will have a small label near it that says 'CPU_FAN' or something similar.
  • Search the rest of your motherboard for a similar header with 3/4 pins. It will also have a label that will contain the word 'FAN'. Plug it in and see if it works...
  • If it still doesn't work, notify the merchant from whom you got the CPU fan, and you might get a free replacement if your warranty isn't over yet.
  • But if it does, either the CPU fan header is at fault, or the header is probably disabled or something in the BIOS.

If you could tell me your motherboard's make and model, and also that of your CPU fan's, it'll be easier to solve the problem...

gigabyte h110m-a

cyborg h7

Can you plug fan directly to PSU to see if its working at all?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Can you plug fan directly to PSU to see if its working at all?

So I plugged into the sys connector and it works I think I blew the CPU fan socket

1 hour ago, Odessy said:

So I plugged into the sys connector and it works I think I blew the CPU fan socket

Have you verified that with another fan? In the end doesn't matter as long as you have working fan on CPU. You just lose some configuratibility.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Some fans can react a bit oddly to PWM fan headers, it might be that. I know that the fan on my Scythe Kodati Rev. B that I use in my HTPC for instance also didn't work at all on a PWM header, but once I plugged it into a 3-pin, it worked perfectly fine.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

2 hours ago, Odessy said:

I think I blew the CPU fan socket

With a standard heatsink fan? Not possible. 

The fan isn't that power hungry don't worry. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

No I plugged the 4 pin on the power supply and it created a spark first time builder. Also my after market cooler for my CPU is plugged on my sys will that be any different from from cpu fan plug? 

1 minute ago, Odessy said:

No I plugged the 4 pin on the power supply and it created a spark first time builder. Also my after market cooler for my CPU is plugged on my sys will that be any different from from cpu fan plug? 

Molex on a fan header? Or something else?

Not it won't be any different. Just make sure you monitor the correct fan header. Maybe disable CPU_FAN monitoring in the BIOS so it doesn't freak out when booting. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Thats the thing my BIOS doesn't show CPU monitoring for some reason