Samsung 950 Pro M.2 PCI-E Problems

SillyKitty

GPU: Giagabyte 1080 Extreme

CPU: E5-1650 v3

Mobo: MSI Godlike Carbon X99

Storage: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 PCI-E

Ram: 64GB Dominator Platinum 2400mhz 

Just booted up my system for the first time and installed windows. However, every time I turn on the system, it goes to the MSI splash page for the BIOS first and then starts loading windows.

When I finally get into windows, it seems like the speed expected of an m.2 pci-e is just not there. For example, just trying to download the Unigine Valley benchmark takes 5 hours to download even with a 60mbps internet speed. 

I ran the Samsung magician to benchmark the m.2 (first attachment).

The benchmark looks fine, I think, but the system feels sluggish with anything download or computational related...

M.2 PCIE Benchmark.PNG

ssd won't speed up computations, that's the processor.

Internet speed doesn't = download speed.  There are many factors involved.  The bandwidth available to the server host, available bandwidth between your isp and the host and the potential for issues to arise between your modem and ISP or even internal network issues.

Speedtest.net will help you find out if it's local or areas you have trouble getting speed to.  For the unigine benchmark, try different mirrors til you get good thruput.  Large files are almost always hosted from multiple mirrors and services.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

25 minutes ago, SillyKitty said:

Just booted up my system for the first time and installed windows. However, every time I turn on the system, it goes to the MSI splash page for the BIOS first and then starts loading windows.

Go into BIOS and enable Fastboot.  MSI may have a Windows app for you to install in order to boot into Windows after enabling Fastboot.  

25 minutes ago, SillyKitty said:

When I finally get into windows, it seems like the speed expected of an m.2 pci-e is just not there. For example, just trying to download the Unigine Valley benchmark takes 5 hours to download even with a 60mbps internet speed. 

None of this has anything to do with your M.2 drive.  That is an ISP routing issue.