$1,800 OC Gaming Computer Build

wat the fugg

get a 850 g2 instead of that 650 p2

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

19 minutes ago, tyguy9411 said:

Here is my build:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8MgL2R. Can someone please review it? I was wondering if I had all the required wires, and should I really get the monitor? If not, what 1440 p monitor should I get.

The power supply comes with all the cables you need. Don't go with a 980ti. Get the new 1070 they are harder to find but worth it. Also note you need a i7-6700k if you don't want to bottleneck a 1070. The monitor with ips will give you better looking colors. If you play more fps type games go with a 144hz monitor. The one you chose is fine though.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Don't replace the pre-applied paste on the cooler with arctic silver 5. Corsair uses some premium TIM that does like 2-5 degrees better under load. Also the 1070 costs less than the 980ti where I am and is slightly better performing than the 980ti.

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

1 minute ago, Damocles said:

Don't replace the pre-applied paste on the cooler with arctic silver 5. Corsair uses some premium TIM that does like 2-5 degrees better under load. Also the 1070 costs less than the 980ti where I am and is slightly better performing than the 980ti.

and it would probably be supported longer by nvidia as it is newer.

14 minutes ago, tyguy9411 said:

Here is my build:http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8MgL2R. Can someone please review it? I was wondering if I had all the required wires, and should I really get the monitor? If not, what 1440 p monitor should I get.

My build is somewhat similar to yours, I recommend you get an i7 6700k off of ebay, (it's $310 right now from antonline, I bought it from there), and get a decent air cooler like a cryorig h7. You don't need a liquid cooler. I have a cryorig h5 and I overclocked easily to 4.6ghz on 1.295v, and I could probably go further. You don't need thermal paste, it comes with coolers, you could get a gold power supply and save money, a wd blue instead of a black (they're quite similar), and get windows off of kinguin for only $30 (like I did) or off of reddit. Simply put, you're spending more money than you need to in some areas and could easily get better performance with an i7, especially in the long term.

2 minutes ago, APatientGuy said:

My build is somewhat similar to yours, I recommend you get an i7 6700k off of ebay, (it's $310 right now from antonline, I bought it from there), and get a decent air cooler like a cryorig h7. You don't need a liquid cooler. I have a cryorig h5 and I overclocked easily to 4.6ghz on 1.295v, and I could probably go further. You don't need thermal paste, it comes with coolers, you could get a gold power supply and save money, a wd blue instead of a black (they're quite similar), and get windows off of kinguin for only $30 (like I did) or off of reddit. Simply put, you're spending more money than you need to in some areas and could easily get better performance with an i7, especially in the long term.

Quick thing about Kinguin, it's been well known that buying the key off unofficial redistributors promotes a new risk. Long story short, PayPal is your friend when it comes to dealing with non functional or non delivered keys.

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

6 hours ago, Damocles said:

Quick thing about Kinguin, it's been well known that buying the key off unofficial redistributors promotes a new risk. Long story short, PayPal is your friend when it comes to dealing with non functional or non delivered keys.

yeah I was skeptical but it worked fine for me :)