ASUS PB287Q or Acer XB280HK

CardinalHunter

Acer XB280HK and ASUS PB287Q .Which monitor offers the best, optimal gaming experience? Which is more worth it? The price difference, the ASUS PB287Q ($684.21) is $157 USD more expensive than the Acer XB280HK ($526.32) in my country after converted, is the increase in price worth it? Please I really need help.

If I were to drop that much money on a monitor, I would go with ASUS personally based of my experience with ASUS and Acer customer support where I live.

Acer just don't give a fuck where I live so yea...

The Acer monitor is better, since the PB287Q lacks G-Sync whilst the XB280HK has it. Also consider the Acer XB271HK which has a IPS panel in comparison to the TN panel of the XB280HK.

ASUS monitor quality control has been apparently quite bad.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

8 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

ASUS monitor quality control has been apparently quite bad.

No better or worse than anyone elses really.

19 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

Which is more worth it? The price difference, the ASUS PB287Q ($684.21) is $157 USD more expensive than the Acer XB280HK ($526.32) in my country after converted, is the increase in price worth it?

I'm not sure why prices are the way they are for you in your country, but the acer is a much better monitor in this case. This is primarily because of its G-sync capability.

Double check to make sure you have the right monitors linked though. There is no good reason for the much better monitor to be priced that much lower (unless you're getting one hell of a sale, or maybe its an open box/refurbished model). In my country, on Newegg.ca, the Asus is a $650 monitor, and the Acer is a $1050 monitor. Not sure what could account for such wild price discrepancies between our two locations.

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I'm not sure why prices are the way they are for you in your country, but the acer is a much better monitor in this case. This is primarily because of its G-sync capability.

Double check to make sure you have the right monitors linked though. There is no good reason for the much better monitor to be priced that much lower (unless you're getting one hell of a sale, or maybe its an open box/refurbished model). In my country, on Newegg.ca, the Asus is a $650 monitor, and the Acer is a $1050 monitor. Not sure what could account for such wild price discrepancies between our two locations.

You probably have never heard of my country, but I'm from Malaysia and I can link you the website I'm getting my stuff at right here:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/model/UM.PB0SM.002

Haha, I've heard of Malaysia before. I live in Canada, we study world maps in High school. I won't know all of the countries in the world, but Malaysia easily made it to my studies.

Anywho that aside, IF the Acer really is that much cheaper, and there really is no catch, then there is absolutely no reason not to get it. Its objectively better than the Asus in this scenario. And its better by a fairly significant margin. G-sync monitors (at least where I live) are usually several hundred dollars more than their non G-sync counterparts. If you have the opportunity to get a monitor with G-sync (as this Acer has) then I would highly recommend doing so, ESPECIALLY if its cheaper than the non-Gsync competition

nah, buying it straight from acer is your best bet since it sells that monitor cheaper than lowyat, lazada and other websites

any thoughts on my build, i'm apparently getting my build by October, so should i stick with gtx 1070 or wait for 1080Ti