Can you use a rasberry pi as a recording station for a capture card?

Hi, My name is xdyssze and i have a question, i want to record My tv programs with my capture card, but i dont want to use a laptop or desktop to have OBS or somefing else, so... Can i use a rasberry pi with Linux on it, so i can use OBS, can i do that or do you have a differentierad solution, i want to use the Avermedia lgp lite, please respond with the answer, thank you:)

48 minutes ago, xdyssze said:

Hi, My name is xdyssze and i have a question, i want to record My tv programs with my capture card, but i dont want to use a laptop or desktop to have OBS or somefing else, so... Can i use a rasberry pi with Linux on it, so i can use OBS, can i do that or do you have a differentierad solution, i want to use the Avermedia lgp lite, please respond with the answer, thank you:)

To my knowledge, you won't be able to run OBS on the Raspberry Pi, as it doesn't support ARM processors. Even if it did, the CPU is likely far too weak to handle something like transcoding a live feed. I'd buy a capture card that can record to something like an SD card, or if you must use that particular capture card, use a laptop or a home theater PC.

• 2 weeks later...

This might sound weird but we use raspberry pis at work to capture video coming off of HDHomeRun tuners - which really are just the coolest product in the video tuner market I've seen in years. Beats out slingboxes and usb capture devices by a long shot.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: