I want a Nintendo but what one ?

MrEleven1181

So after seeing Nintendo are about to release a mini nes console I really want one but don't want to wait untill November. So what could I buy that would let me play the old nes and snes games ? Am I right in believing if I buy a wii console I can download all the old games ? Or should I just go out and buy a old nes and snes console.

6 minutes ago, MrEleven1181 said:

So after seeing Nintendo are about to release a mini nes console I really want one but don't want to wait untill November. So what could I buy that would let me play the old nes and snes games ? Am I right in believing if I buy a wii console I can download all the old games ? Or should I just go out and buy a old nes and snes console.

get a Raspberry Pi and boot it with RetroPie, it turns your system into a full blown retro arcade that can play all systems up to the PS1. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

get a Raspberry Pi and boot it with RetroPie, it turns your system into a full blown retro arcade that can play all systems up to the PS1. 

it actually excels at emulating PSX games, props to the devs of the specific emulator...

on topic: so.. there's this thing in the "chinese knockoff console" market they call "a NES on a chip" that's basicly a single modern off the shelf chip that emulates a NES (either an FPGA, or an actual microcontroller or embedded system) with surprising accuracy, and the chinese guys pack tons of garbage ripoff games onto them.

i feel like nintendo clued into this... and did the same with official games...

--

besides, anyone remember that patent on emulation nintendo issues a while back? yeah.. thats this.

7 hours ago, MrEleven1181 said:

No one else seems to be giving a real answer. I'd suggest a 3DS. The Virtual Console selection in the eShop is quite good.  There are SNES games, too, and those are compatible with the New 3DS (the one with the right thumb stick).  Consider the used market is a new one is too expensive. 

The Wii U also has a Virtual Console. The Wii U is more expensive than the 3DS, though, unless you find a nice used bundle on eBay or Craigslist. 

3DS

WiiU

Wii (softmod it for dem free gaems)