!070 vs 980 ti

Lightswitch77

So i was wondering like many others if i should buy the gtx 1070(founders edition) or 980 ti(MSI gaming X), there's not really a price diffrence only about 20 Us dollars.

I would most likely be playing Battlefield 1, Cs:GO, Garrys mod, League of Legends, The Witcher and Darks souls at 1080-1440p 144hz.

My specs are : I5 6600k, 8 gb's ddr4, MSI z170 Tomahawk.

Thank you.

So loads of people are saying the 1070 but just not the Founders Edition, but all the after market cards are more expensive where i live.

1070, same performance with way better features.

But don't get a FE.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I would go for GTX 1070 for DX 12 support, since nvidia will not support async on the older GPUs( GTX 980 Ti, GTX 970...)

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

2 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

So i was wondering like many others if i should buy the gtx 1070(founders edition) or 980 ti(MSI gaming X), there's not really a price diffrence only about 20 Us dollars.

I would most likely be playing Battlefield 1, Cs:GO, Garrys mod, League of Legends, The Witcher and Darks souls at 1080-1440p 144hz.

Thank you.

Don't get the FE card. Just don't. Hold your horses a bit more and get, say, EVGA's SC 1070 when it's in stock. It'll both be cheaper and better than a FE 1070.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

dont get the 1070 founders edition. unless your rig is small, the design is not as effective as partner boards like MSI or EVGA. 

also you're not gonna hit 60+ fps with a single 1070 or 980ti in some games. you'll need to have SLI 

2 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Thank you.

1070, but don't buy the founders edition. you will get the same performance out of an aftermarket cooler design. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Don't get the FE card. Just don't. Hold your horses a bit more and get, say, EVGA's SC 1070 when it's in stock. It'll both be cheaper and better than a FE 1070.

Will it? Because all the after market cards cost more where i live even though the FE was supposed to be a premium card.

2 minutes ago, RuLeZ said:

I would go for GTX 1070 for DX 12 support, since nvidia will not support async on the older GPUs( GTX 980 Ti, GTX 970...)

That's incorrect. The 980ti has full DX12 support. Nether card has async on a hardware level, both are software.

1 minute ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Will it? Because all the after market cards cost more where i live even though the FE was supposed to be a premium card.

The FE was never supposed to be a premium card, just a more expensive one.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

1 minute ago, RuLeZ said:

The FE was never supposed to be a premium card, just a more expensive one.

Well, all the after market cards are more expensive here

3 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Well, all the after market cards are more expensive here

Where is here? The custom cards are way cheaper in the US. But if you get a FE just adjust the thermal limit and fan curve.

5 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Give it a while for supplies to stabilize and prices should fall back in line.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Where is here? The custom cards are way cheaper in the US. But if you get a FE just adjust the thermal limit and fan curve.

"Here" is Iceland

Damn, that's weird. Still get the 1070 since it has better features. If you have an issue you can always slap a AIO on it.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

The MSI Gaming X is around 90 $ more than the Founders