PSU recommendation

Go to solution Solved by manikyath,
1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Wouldn't that then make the old, lower quality, more expensive model a poor value? :P

well, from experience, they're not bad power supplies.

and lets be honest with ourselves, past a certain point there's little to no difference in actual "performance" when upping quality.

the biggest reason i'd suggest rmi/rmx over rm is because they have a "test fan" button :P

Need suggestions, I am not good with PSU
Few months ago when I bought a new pc i was tight on budget and had to go with corsair vs 650.
Now I want to change the PSU , I have these 2 PSU in mind but not sure which one to buy

1.SEASONIC SMPS M12II 620W EVO ( fully modular, bronze certified )

2.Corsair RM 650 ( fully modular , gold certified )

I request you to choose one of the above psu's and not add something else , thank you in advance :)

Seasonic. Corsair's RM series is pretty poor value compared to their RMi or RMx.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The RMi series from Corsair are pretty good, i picked up a RM750i after reading the jhonny guru review.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Seasonic. Corsair's RM series is pretty poor value compared to their RMi or RMx.

wouldnt say "pretty poor"

i'd more so say it's stupid to buy the old model if the new model is a bump in quality, better design, and in most cases cheaper :P

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

wouldnt say "pretty poor"

i'd more so say it's stupid to buy the old model if the new model is a bump in quality, better design, and in most cases cheaper :P

Wouldn't that then make the old, lower quality, more expensive model a poor value? :P

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

well, from experience, they're not bad power supplies.

and lets be honest with ourselves, past a certain point there's little to no difference in actual "performance" when upping quality.

the biggest reason i'd suggest rmi/rmx over rm is because they have a "test fan" button :P

The SeaSonic one. I actually have that exact model and it power my ovevolted GTX 480 no problem.

4 hours ago, Abhijit paul said:

Need suggestions, I am not good with PSU
Few months ago when I bought a new pc i was tight on budget and had to go with corsair vs 650.
Now I want to change the PSU , I have these 2 PSU in mind but not sure which one to buy

1.SEASONIC SMPS M12II 620W EVO ( fully modular, bronze certified )

2.Corsair RM 650 ( fully modular , gold certified )

I request you to choose one of the above psu's and not add something else , thank you in advance :)

Contrary to what most people here have said, the RM is actually better electrically.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||