Audio failure in L4D2

So I have been pestered with an error that happens when I play Left 4 Dead 2. After a couple of minutes of playing, the screen freezes, accompanied by the little tune of a unit being disconnected, and then the game continues. However, after the break my audio will be screwed up, with a fraction of what was played last being played on constant repeat for a while. Either until I change chapter or restart a chapter/survival round or a long while goes by, both resulting in the sound going away completely. After further many minutes of playing, the sound will return to normal. This whole ordeal can and have happened multiple times during a game session.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Here are the key elements so one can filter out potentially irrelevant problems:

-Only happens on Left 4 Dead 2
-To my knowledge only happens on EVGA's gaming server. At least I haven't experienced it on non-"EVGA Gaming".

-Sidenote: I haven't yet tested outside of EVGA server after the problem occured, but I never had the problem before I started playing on the server.

I am aware that I might have better luck finding a solution on other forums, and I will try there as well. Just trying my luck here, see if anyone can help.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ