GPU Dock with laptop

Hello guys,

I currently own a Asus ROG GL552VW-CN470T i7 6700GQ, with comes with an 960m and usb c. 

However the gpu is a bit too weak for some games, so i want to connect my laptop to a gpu dock so i can play on my laptop with a real desktop GPU. 

I found some thing online, but I dont know if this will work? So maybe you want to take a look at it, I would appriaciate it.

So I want to use this dock: http://eud.dx.com/product/exp-gdc-laptop-external-independent-video-card-dock-with-pci-e-interface-black-844404635#.V02RGpGLSUl

But instead of using de Mini PCI-E with comes with the GPU dock, i want to use the usb c port with comes with my laptop.

Then I want to buy an usb c to hdmi adapter, something like this: https://www.startech.com/AV/usb-c-video-adapters/usb-c-hdmi-adapter~CDP2HD

An then I want to connect the adapter and the dock with just a normal HDMI cable.

So? Will this work or not?

Cheers,

Jochem

2 minutes ago, JochemMark said:

Then I want to buy an usb c to hdmi adapter, something like this: https://www.startech.com/AV/usb-c-video-adapters/usb-c-hdmi-adapter~CDP2HD

An then I want to connect the adapter and the dock with just a normal HDMI cable.

That wont work

You need to use mini pci-e for it to work

You cannot connect a GPU to a laptop over HDMI, only a GPU to a display 

and your USB C port is not necessarily a thunderbolt port for a thunderbolt GPU enclosure either

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

That wont work

You need to use mini pci-e for it to work

Thanks!

But that doens't come with my laptop if am right..

25 minutes ago, JochemMark said:

Thanks!

But that doens't come with my laptop if am right..

im not sure tbh, sadly im at work so cant research it for you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Does anyone know how i can do this without using the PCI-E Mini slot?