Comfortable IEMs for around (or under) $300

thexzenon

I am looking to upgrade my current IEMs, a pair of Momentum M2 IEi. While I like their sound, it has a few problems that annoy me a lot and lately I've been thinking of getting rid of them (or just use them as backup).

As I stated, the budget is around $300 (at least that's the price on amazon I found for all the IEMs that are not expensive as hell where I live). I also checked the recommended IEMs list that's pinned on thsi forum and the only ones I could find in Romania after a quick Google search are the Sennheiser IE80s, no Westone or Shure (like no model at all). I'd like to order from a local store, so no Amazon :(

My requirements would be:

• Extremely comfortable - the Momentums fit really nice in my ear, but their design is just so weird. They stick out of my ears and they have a tendency of falling out my ears as if something is pulling them from my pocket. Also, the cables tend to wiggle a lot and they kinda spring out of my ears instead of staying flat (seriously, looks like some cartoon water fountain).
  • Suited for rock music, but flexible enough for other genres - I mainly listen to rock so that would be the main focus, but I do have a varied song library and it would be nice to have some flexibility.
  • Durable design - I keep my IEMs tucked away in pockets when not in use. Also, when I take my M2s out of the ear for a bit when going to class, I usually hold them between my chest and the bag strap (messenger bag ones) and I noticed that sometimes the ear tips falls off a bit, I already lost 3 tips this way. Better fit of the tips would be a bonus. :D

I hope I didn't miss anything, looking forward for your suggestions. :D

Also, if anyone knows of any Shure or Westone resellers in Romania, that would be great, I'd have more available choices.

I've heard good things about the Sennheiser IE800s

Linus reviewed them a few years ago.

1 minute ago, CodenameScorpion said:

I've heard good things about the Sennheiser IE800s

Linus reviewed them a few years ago.

They cost more than double my budget xD

I'm using IE80's as my on-the-go IEM's. Highly recommend them.

Edit: I've had mine for over two years at this point. With over 1,500 (maybe even over 2,000) hours of music listening. So much that the 3.5mm jack has a small notch in it from where it contacts in the phone.

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

I'm using IE80's as my on-the-go IEM's. Highly recommend them.

Edit: I've had mine for over two years at this point. With over 1,500 (maybe even over 2,000) hours of music listening. So much that the 3.5mm jack has a small notch in it from where it contacts in the phone.

Thanks, I'm glad to head that since they were the main IEMs I was looking at. Are they really that comfortable (Linus mentioned he could sleep using them)?

5 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Thanks, I'm glad to head that since they were the main IEMs I was looking at. Are they really that comfortable (Linus mentioned he could sleep using them)?

Yeah, they are comfortable. But that can really depend on the person.

The main thing is that you have to get used to looping the cable around your ear, unlike a normal pair of in-ears.