Nvidia Driver Problem

I've been having driver problems with my 680 for a long time (maybe a year or a little more) and recently I tried to if it (again) and it only made it worse (windows aero permanently doesn't work). I was going to get a new card soon anyway, so I wanted to know if getting a new card would solve the problem or will I still have the problem even after installing a new Nvidia card?

Have you tried just downloading a fresh driver from the website and make sure to check "custom" and "do fresh/clean install" when installing it so it cleans up any mess from before?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Have you tried just downloading a fresh driver from the website and make sure to check "custom" and "do fresh/clean install" when installing it so it cleans up any mess from before?

Yeah I've tried almost everything. There is a couple more things I could try but if I'm getting a new card and the problem wont carry over then it's not worth fixing to me.

1 minute ago, Lunar Evolution said:

Yeah I've tried almost everything. There is a couple more things I could try but if I'm getting a new card and the problem wont carry over then it's not worth fixing to me.

Have you tried reinstalling?  If that doesn't help it's a hardware issue.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

http://www.custompcguide.net/2-methods-to-fix-nvidia-installer-failed-issue-for-geforce-video-cards/

I've tried everything except for something as extreme as method two that this suggests.

Well I'd try that and then reinstall if that doesn't work.  I've always found the nvidia drivers super easy and reliable, so when something doesn't work it's a pretty fast slide to drastic measures.

A driver related problem that is messing up even your windows install will mos likely carry over. Pc's are unfortunately weird sometimes. I had a problem once that was caused by .NET framework 4.5 being the first one installed in my pc, making it impossible to install any previous version of it. Even though they are supposed to be backwards compatible, any game that needed an earlier version of it couldn't be run giving me the 0xc00007b error every time.That said, the only way to fix my error was a fresh windows install... If all else fails you could try that, i can guarantee to you that if the problem is not hardware related it will be fixed. 

4 minutes ago, Clixias said:

A driver related problem that is messing up even your windows install will mos likely carry over. Pc's are unfortunately weird sometimes. I had a problem once that was caused by .NET framework 4.5 being the first one installed in my pc, making it impossible to install any previous version of it. Even though they are supposed to be backwards compatible, any game that needed an earlier version of it couldn't be run giving me the 0xc00007b error every time.That said, the only way to fix my error was a fresh windows install... If all else fails you could try that, i can guarantee to you that if the problem is not hardware related it will be fixed. 

Well I don't think it's causing a problem with the actual Windows install. It's just that Windows aero only works with certain graphics cards / certain graphics settings, and I think the driver issues is causing it to recognize it incorrectly.  

8 minutes ago, Lunar Evolution said:

Well I don't think it's causing a problem with the actual Windows install. It's just that Windows aero only works with certain graphics cards / certain graphics settings, and I think the driver issues is causing it to recognize it incorrectly.  

Yeah, i know. Even if it's not exactly causing a problem with windows it's not such a bad idea to do a fresh install since you said you've been experiencing driver problems for a long time. Anyway, this kind of decision is pretty hard to make if your PC has a lot of data and files in it. I'm just able to think of it so easily because i keep pretty much all my data out of my computer. But maybe try a different port on the back of your card? Who knows, even changing the PCI slot might have an effect.