What would be the next step up?

OnionRings

Right now I have the R7 370 4GB OCL card, if I ever wanted to upgrade, what would be the next best deal? I'm not talking no 1000$ GPU either lol, around the 2-400 range maybe? This is way down the road, I'm just curious. Also whatever card you guys suggest, would it bottleneck with the i5 6500?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Right now I have the R7 370 4GB OCL card, if I ever wanted to upgrade, what would be the next best deal? I'm not talking no 1000$ GPU either lol, around the 2-400 range maybe? This is way down the road, I'm just curious. Also whatever card you guys suggest, would it bottleneck with the i5 6500?

nothing will bottleneck a 6500.
cheap but decent upgrade would be a 390x. but with the new gen of cards due nobody can really predict

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Just now, TheRandomness said:

R9 480 when it comes out.

I didn't know anymore cards were coming out, is there any info on this card yet? Such as specs and price?

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 minute ago, Badger906 said:

nothing will bottleneck a 6500.
cheap but decent upgrade would be a 390x. but with the new gen of cards due nobody can really predict

Right I figured, I just wanted to see everyone's different opinions so when the time comes I don't pick a bad card because I'm new to card shopping, this R7 is my first actually dedicated card besides shitty M series I had in an old laptop.

CPU

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

I didn't know anymore cards were coming out, is there any info on this card yet? Such as specs and price?

Price = $250 - $350

Specs = Performance around R9 390 with much less power consumption

The entirety of the 400 and 500 series is coming out this year as well as the 1000 series from nvidia.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Any of the aftermarket 1070's would be a nice upgrade from the Nvidia side. The AMD cards should be announced soon and could be available by mid july/early august(my guess)