Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V

Does Window Server 2012 Hyper-V Manager take alot of resources?

only the resources needed to run the host so like 1GB of ram and some hard drive space.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

2 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

only the resources needed to run the host so like 1GB of ram and some hard drive space.

will it bring my cpu percentage up alot? 

14 minutes ago, Danielh90 said:

Depends on how much cpu the guest is using. If you let the guest use all your cores and it maxes your cpu, then you real cpu will be maxed.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Depends on how much cpu the guest is using. If you let the guest use all your cores and it maxes your cpu, then you real cpu will be maxed.

ok.

18 minutes ago, Danielh90 said:

depends on your processor. If your trying to run hyper-v on a duel core proccessor its not going to work very well. 

The hyper-v manager is pretty much in an idle state unless you are changing settings, so it consumes next to no processing power 

any quad core should be able to handle 2 or 3 machines assuming you have enough ram, disk space, ect...  

what are the VMs going to be doing?

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

19 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

depends on your processor. If your trying to run hyper-v on a duel core proccessor its not going to work very well. 

The hyper-v manager is pretty much in an idle state unless you are changing settings, so it consumes next to no processing power 

any quad core should be able to handle 2 or 3 machines assuming you have enough ram, disk space, ect...  

what are the VMs going to be doing?

Playing around. splitting my server up. 

I've got it currently running on VPRO NUC's (SSD/16GB) at the moment with 2 VM's and it's happy.