i7 4770k vs i7 6700

I have a i7 4770k not overclocked and i am going to use this with the GTX 1080 to game in VR. And i was considering upgrading to a i7 6700. Is this cpu even any

better then the 4770k? In all the comparisons i have seen the 4770k is better or basically the same as the 6700. but in Norway the 6700 is more expensive and its from what ive heard, suppost to be an upgrade from the 4770k. Is there even any reason to upgrade my cpu?

Is there any other cpu`s i should buy?

3 hours ago, Haakon255 said:

I have a i7 4770k not overclocked and i am going to use this with the GTX 1080 to game in VR. And i was considering upgrading to a i7 6700. Is this cpu even any

better then the 4770k? In all the comparisons i have seen the 4770k is better or basically the same as the 6700. but in Norway the 6700 is more expensive and its from what ive heard, suppost to be an upgrade from the 4770k. Is there even any reason to upgrade my cpu?

Skylake's launch has been rough, your 4770k should still be up to date. I would consider a 4790k if upgrading, you would most likely just have to do a BIOS flash and that's it. You wouldn't need an entire need motherboard. 

1 minute ago, Yames said:

Skylake's launch has been rough, your 4770k should still be up to date. I would consider a 4790k if upgrading, you would most likely just have to do a BIOS flash and that's it. You wouldn't need an entire need motherboard. 

Why on earth would you spend that much money on something that is literally the same with a little better TIM?

5 minutes ago, Haakon255 said:

Is there any other cpu`s i should buy?

You don't need to upgrade your CPU. I'd check on your power supply (quality and wattage rating) and make sure you have plenty of RAM (16GB), then call yourself ready to roll. If you do plan to overclock your 4770K, make sure you have a Z97 board.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 hours ago, Sam Z Man said:

You obviously have never worked for a single penny in your life.

Absolutely no comprehension of the value of money.

Your hasty generalizations and coming to conclusions too quickly have gotten the best of you. 

3 minutes ago, Yames said:

cuz 4790k is better :P

Not $300 better xD

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Not $300 better xD

meh