Roccat Kave 5.1

vslavov

Hi guys, what are your oppinions on that headset? They cost $113 where I live and that's the absolute maximum I am willing to spend if you have any other 5.1 suggestions.

I will be listening to music (literally every genre there is) and play a variety of games (MOBAs, FPS etc.).

I plan on using the onboard audio (rig in my signature), will that be alright? I think I can afford a Xonar DG 5.1 if it's needed.

Cheers!

Asus P8Z68-V # Intel i7-2600k # CM 212+ # Asus GTX680 # 4x8GB A-Data Premiere Pro # 1TB + 3TB Seagate SATAIII 64MB # A-DATA SSD S511 60GB SATAIII # Corsair TX-850 850W # Thermaltake Spacecraft

I am taking suggestions for headphones too. An acquintance of mine recommended the Roccats so that's why I am asking about them, otherwise I am satisfied with the current mic I have.

PS: Love the username + avatar combo. xD

Asus P8Z68-V # Intel i7-2600k # CM 212+ # Asus GTX680 # 4x8GB A-Data Premiere Pro # 1TB + 3TB Seagate SATAIII 64MB # A-DATA SSD S511 60GB SATAIII # Corsair TX-850 850W # Thermaltake Spacecraft

the old toss more drivers into it to make it better gimmick. I'm glad I didnt submit to the marketing hype when I was shopping around.

Great for gaming. horrible if you wanna do anything else. I bought mine four months ago. haven't used them in a month. and I'm a general user, no audiophile in me. yet.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Its a good headset but its massive and heavy. I have it for a while now and i got a dent on my head :S

The AD700 is $100. Im assuming youre in the US. its light weight with a large sound stage and precise sound accuracy. Lacks in bass but great quality sound in the mids and highs. personally, i prefer to use my Xonar DG that the onboard. Less electric interference and a much cleaner source