Fanless Mini PC

Luke32800

wmxh44B.jpg

intel 6600k, gtx 960, 8gb ddr4, 500gb samsung 850 evo ssds. all completely fanless.

Internal pictures? PSU? Did you put a new larger heat sink on the 960 or is it "fanless" because the fans shut off at idle?

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

2 minutes ago, Heesleemer said:

Internal pictures? PSU? Did you put a new larger heat sink on the 960 or is it "fanless" because the fans shut off at idle?

actually fanless. i used 2 thermalright hr-03 gtx's to cool it. psu is a ss460-fl214600724997491134269794.jpg

that is awesome! temps in such a small system?

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

1 minute ago, Heesleemer said:

that is awesome? temps in such a small system?

had to significantly cut the gtx 960, 50% in evga precision x and maxed out at about 76 degrees in unigine heaven, but it works. not exactly positive about the cpu as i was never worried about that, my main concern was the gtx 960, but it seems to be working just fine.

@Stefan1024 you might be interested in this.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

@Stefan1024 you might be interested in this.

he helped me with some of the problems haha

2 hours ago, Heesleemer said:

that is awesome! temps in such a small system?

I actually need to apologize for an error I made, the gpu temps actually top off at 95 running unigine heaven. 

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect, I like when people create passive PCs! And doing so in in a very smal case is even more impressive.

However it looks like the smal case affects the cooling performance. Mounting the side pannles with a gap is a good idea to get fresh air into the system. But as you still need to seriousely turn down the power of the GPU to make it work, the sooling is still not good enougth.

You should try to limit the GPU temperature to 90°C while gaming. I think the heat is traped on the top of the case. Try to replace it with a mesh or drill a lot of hohes into the plate.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil