Need a New CPU

Looking for a new CPU so I can start playing games like Overwatch etc.

Budget: £150/$220

*Before you question about my storage, I have a 1TB which has randomly disconnected itself within my case and I don't know how to fix it lol*.

I think I should be looking for an i5, right? - but I don't understand which one to get as there's so many different versions.

specs.png

You'd be looking at an i5 4460.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Get the best i5-4xxx (highest clock) that you can buy within your budget. The actual model number doesn't matter (as long as it's not a T or some other low-power, etc, model).

The i5-4460 is often the best value, but "your results may vary".

With respect to the HDD - try replacing the SATA data cable, and make sure that the data and power connectors are fully seated (on both ends). You might also try using a different SATA port in case the port is flaky, or the connector is damaged, etc.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD