bets cpu for minecraft tjhat is under 250

I need help on finding a good cpu that will do about 120 fps on high settings that is for minecraft and must by under $250

just the cpu?

i5 6600K

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

yes just cpu, would the i5 be better that an amd octa-core FX-8370 with wraith cooler

If you want ONLY Minecraft, a Celeron or Pentium (Skylake) should be able to do it with a cheapo GPU for less than anything else, and more FPS.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Intel Core i3-4xxx or i3-6xxx are perfect price to performance CPU with enough room in your budget to buy a great budget GPU like a GTX 950.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

ok but not for just minecraft in the future I want to play call of duty franchise and have a buget of $650

2 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

If you want ONLY Minecraft, a Celeron or Pentium (Skylake) should be able to do it with a cheapo GPU for less than anything else, and more FPS.

this right here. if its just minecraft, which is single threaded btw, a G3258 OC to ~4.5Ghz is your best bet

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Just now, fred32xp said:

ok but not for just minecraft in the future I want to play call of duty franchise and have a buget of $650

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B150M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($73.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($29.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($49.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $648.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-02 18:41 EDT-0400

Something like this would probably be a solid build and provide you with a good base so that you can use it for a lot longer than any Celeron.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

thanks for the help I think im going with the amd octa core and and cheapo gpu for the vga input ill get a better gpu late on

20 minutes ago, fred32xp said:

thanks for the help I think im going with the amd octa core and and cheapo gpu for the vga input ill get a better gpu late on

If you're getting a new CPU, you need a new motherboard. Here, take this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xrztmG

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

24 minutes ago, fred32xp said:

Choose what you  want, but I don't think going with an AMD 8-core would be in your best interests(which are for gaming right?):

That video shows benchmarks and in almost everyone, it wins.  Tests are done with a GTX 980 Ti.