Problem with a screw. An important one.

refinedskillz

I have this racing wheel that uses a screw to screw the clamp onto the table. When  the wheel is upside down, it screws in fine, and tightens the clamp, therefore gluing the wheel to the desk, when its upside down however, I turn it and nothing happens, it just turns and turns and turns, what could be the problem to this? I would really appreciate help with this, here is a video I displaying the problem.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

1 minute ago, refinedskillz said:

I have this racing wheel that uses a screw to screw the clamp onto the table. When  the wheel is upside down, it screws in fine, and tightens the clamp, therefore gluing the wheel to the desk, when its upside down however, I turn it and nothing happens, it just turns and turns and turns, what could be the problem to this? I would really appreciate help with this, here is a video I displaying the problem.

I believe that is not a screw but cam style clamp which you turn over to clamp down onto the surface. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I believe that is not a screw but cam style clamp which you turn over to clamp down onto the surface. 

So how exactly would I screw it down. Before I was able to do it like I tried in the video.

1 minute ago, refinedskillz said:

So how exactly would I screw it down. Before I was able to do it like I tried in the video.

Oh then it might be that it's not catching the threads if you can screw it down in another position, push up while turning that handle, hopefully it engages the threads.

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh then it might be that it's not catching the threads if you can screw it down in another position, push up while turning that handle, hopefully it engages the threads.

It goes, holds for abit, then drops back out.

3 minutes ago, refinedskillz said:

It goes, holds for abit, then drops back out.

I notice you have the arm the other way around when screwing it down, make sure the lever end is close to the plastic base like when you did it not in place try and see if that makes it catch. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

I notice you have the arm the other way around when screwing it down, make sure the lever end is close to the plastic base like when you did it not in place try and see if that makes it catch. 

Oh, the engravings where the screw is supposed to screw into have somehow faded out, :/. Know how I could fix that? Its definitely the reason for the problem.