Plex media server on Thecus n5810pro.

Hello,

Need help on setting up plex to work properly, I have been using XMBC for a while with files stored on a USB HDD.  Recently picked up a nas for cheap, running 5x WD red 2tb in raid 5.  I have setup on plex module on their and logged in.  When i go to add library and search for my media files all the folders come up empty with nothing found.  It is my first time using plex and also first nas storage device that i have had.  I have got plex pass as i am planning to watch media from remote locations too.  Not sure where i am going wrong with this one.  Need help......

Thank you.

Does the user that is running the plex-service have the necessary permissions to enter the folder and read those files?

On 10/04/2016 at 0:01 AM, TapfererToaster said:

Does the user that is running the plex-service have the necessary permissions to enter the folder and read those files?

Sorry about the late reply just got back from a weeks holiday. I've just setup so everyone has permission to that folder. Basically the situation right now is from my shield TV box I have set both my nas and desktop pc as servers. Can find all the media from desktop pc but not from the nas. Don't want it setup like that. Not sure what to do now. Same with kodi, won't see the media.