Versydon
3 minutes ago, Versydon said:

Just changed from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro reason being, Enterprise seemed all nice and legit so i installed it, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE I am sure they just gave up on it mid BETA and just released it, gaming does NOT work on it at all.

don't pirate .... Windows 10 Enterprise is Windows 10 Pro with additional features ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

1 minute ago, MrSuperb said:

don't pirate .... Windows 10 Enterprise is Windows 10 Pro with additional features ...

1 I didn't pirate it, it was pre-installed on my HDD after having bought it from a friend

2 Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me ;)

What was my solution to this then you might be asking well I popped down to my local IT shop and picked up a copy of Windows 7 and got back to Windows 10 pro from the offer in the taskbar.

Enterprise editions are quite different in licencing compared to OEM or retail. In short, I don't think it is valid for anyone to sell or transfer you Enterprise licence installs as an end user. It is usually applied to organisations needing a quantity of licences.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

But why do you need enterprise edition if you just wanna play games?

22 minutes ago, Versydon said:

Just changed from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro reason being, Enterprise seemed all nice and legit so i installed it, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE I am sure they just gave up on it mid BETA and just released it, gaming does NOT work on it at all.

Beside the fact that you have illegitimate license of Windows, even if it from your friend (not transferable), Enterprise requires to join of a domain server, and group policies are defined. These group policies can affect how software runs, including blocking.

10 minutes ago, iUSEMAC said:

But why do you need enterprise edition if you just wanna play games?

My friend gave me the HDD because my one died and it already had Enterprise on it i didnt choose

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Beside the fact that you have illegitimate license of Windows, even if it from your friend (not transferable), Enterprise requires to join of a domain server, and group policies are defined. These group policies can affect how software runs, including blocking.

Woah there, I didnt pirate anything i just got given the hard drive, ploncked it in my pc and installed all my drivers and software i wanted.

If he pirated and put it on that is another thing, but that has absolutely nothing to do with me.

Your definitely wrong.. I run Enterprise on the machines at my work and we haven't had a single issue with them..

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

42 minutes ago, Versydon said:

1 I didn't pirate it, it was pre-installed on my HDD after having bought it from a friend

2 Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me ;)

What was my solution to this then you might be asking well I popped down to my local IT shop and picked up a copy of Windows 7 and got back to Windows 10 pro from the offer in the taskbar.

Your assuming stuff to so why even say anything.. You posted something about a so called bad os and didn't even list the issues... We have more than 400vm's running Enterprise and we haven't seen any major issues or even issues that weren't fixed with updates from Microsoft...

Also how would you know if the os wasn't pirated if you bought it from a friend, why in gods name would he buy Enterprise in the first place??

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

2 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

Your assuming stuff to so why even say anything.. You posted something about a so called bad os and didn't even list the issues... We have more than 400vm's running Enterprise and we haven't seen any major issues or even issues that weren't fixed with updates from Microsoft...

Also how would you know if the os wasn't pirated if you bought it from a friend, why in gods name would he buy Enterprise in the first place??

I don't know where he got it. also i am taking this post down, as i am clearly wrong

41 minutes ago, porina said:

Enterprise editions are quite different in licencing compared to OEM or retail. In short, I don't think it is valid for anyone to sell or transfer you Enterprise licence installs as an end user. It is usually applied to organisations needing a quantity of licences.

In my experience mainly volume licensing.