a new setup advice please

Mr Fister

Hi, i want my new setup with a good monitor! now, how should i put this- what monitor to get and how many? should i get a widescreen 1080p or triple 1080p or one monitor of 1440p? which is preferred?

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

Go for a 2l:9 ultrawide monitor like the Acer Predator X34. What kind of GPU are you using?

2 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

Go for a 2l:9 ultrawide monitor like the Acer Predator X34. What kind of GPU are you using?

my current one in my signiture an R9 390. probably gonna change to a pascal GPU in the future

1 minute ago, Mr Fister said:

my current one in my signiture an R9 390. probably gonna change to a pascal GPU in the future

Then something like a 2560 x 1080 monitor would be great. 

5 hours ago, l_zheng101 said:

Then something like a 2560 x 1080 monitor would be great. 

isnt this kind of monitor a bad one because its not using its full potential of the 2560? its better of going with 2560x1440?!

1 hour ago, Mr Fister said:

isnt this kind of monitor a bad one because its not using its full potential of the 2560? its better of going with 2560x1440?!

I don't think so but if I'm wrong go for a 2560 x 1440p monitor the an ROG monitor from ASUS that has Freesync which is compatible with your R9 390. 

1 hour ago, l_zheng101 said:

I don't think so but if I'm wrong go for a 2560 x 1440p monitor the an ROG monitor from ASUS that has Freesync which is compatible with your R9 390. 

is freesync compatible with nvidia cards? and the opposite as well gsync with amd cards? 

On 4/1/2016 at 6:04 PM, Mr Fister said:

is freesync compatible with nvidia cards? and the opposite as well gsync with amd cards? 

No Freesync in only compatible with AMD cards and G-Sync is only compatible with Nvidia Cards.