nvidia quadro or gtx titan?

Hi guys, i'm in a quest to build a workstation for architectural renedering, mostly, and i don't know if is better or equal reach the sweet spot in performance vs price with a quadro k5200 or a gtx titan, in my country i can buy 2 gtx titan for the same price that is the k5200, im using mental ray, v ray and iray so those rendering motors work better with cuda cores, and the difference between the quadro and the titan in cuda cores are  3844 (2304 on the k5200 and 3074 on the titan each, if i buy 2 i will have 6148 cuda cores) sound logical two buy 2 titan, but im not sure about the others aspects.

so guys what do you think, because i don't know what to do?

thx

I might consider the Quadro, CUDA cores are not the only thing you need.  Quadros are geared towards precision for engineering applications.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I do know that the original GTX Titan has huge benefits over the Titan X for a workstation in your situation, but after that I do not know anything.

It was also not made for gaming, unlike the Titan X.

What will the newest, Pascal Titan have?

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

If we are talking about the original Titian and not Titan X, it should work, since it came with precision as well.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

5 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

I do know that the original GTX Titan has huge benefits over the Titan X for a workstation in your situation, but after that I do not know anything.

It was also not made for gaming, unlike the Titan X.

What will the newest, Pascal Titan have?

nvidia is moving the titan to the gaming lineup to make more money off quadro's

OP's best bet is a titan black :)

yeap, im looking for the original titan (thats the one who is available in my country) even though, i did'nt know that the titan and titan X have different 

8 minutes ago, Melek Taus said:

yeap, im looking for the original titan (thats the one who is available in my country) even though, i did'nt know that the titan and titan X have different 

The original titan and the titan black have better FP64 compute :)

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph9059/72530.png

19 minutes ago, Melek Taus said:

3074 on the titan each, if i buy 2 i will have 6148 cuda cores

This sounds like the specification for a Titan X, which comes with 3072 CUDA cores per card.

The Titan Z has 5760 CUDA cores

Titan Black has 2880 CUDA cores

GTX Titan has 2688 CUDA cores

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

This sounds like the specification for a Titan X, which comes with 3072 CUDA cores per card.

The Titan Z has 5760 CUDA cores

Titan Black has 2880 CUDA cores

GTX Titan has 2688 CUDA cores

to add to this:

the titan z is two titan blacks on a single card and it can only use 6 GB VRAM :)

25 minutes ago, mikat said:

07-CUDA-01-3ds-Max-iRay.png

wow, these are amazing the titan is the clear winner, im surpised for the gtx 580

2 minutes ago, Melek Taus said:

wow, these are amazing the titan is the clear winner, im surpised for the gtx 580

The reason the 580 beats the 680 is because Nvidia focused less on compute performance and more on efficiency with Kepler than with Fermi.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL