Can we get a remove formatting button please?

Master Disaster
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

There is one, but it's not currently displayed on mobile. 

However, when you paste, a banner should appear at the bottom of the editor offering to remove the formatting for you. Does that not happen for you? 

I post a lot from my tablet and its nigh on impossible to paste content from other sites due to the WYSIWYG editor keeping formatting data.

On my PC I can right click to remove it, no biggie but on my tablet I cannot so I'm stuck with horrible formatting on stuff that I can't change while everyone shouts because it looks horrible or has some janky formatting applied.

Any chance of a remove formatting button being added to the toolbar?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

However, when you paste, a banner should appear at the bottom of the editor offering to remove the formatting for you. Does that not happen for you? 

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I post a lot from my tablet and its nigh on impossible to paste content from other sites due to the WYSIWYG editor keeping formatting data.

On my PC I can right click to remove it, no biggie but on my tablet I cannot so I'm stuck with horrible formatting on stuff that I can't change while everyone shouts because it looks horrible or has some janky formatting applied.

Any chance of a remove formatting button being added to the toolbar?

There is a dedicated button already on the desktop, but I don't know about mobile.

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Just tried with some text, an image and a video, no banner.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Just tried with some text, an image and a video, no banner.

What browser are you using? You have to be pasting rich content, such as copying some of a post plus the username block, for it to display. 

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

What browser are you using? You have to be pasting rich content, such as copying some of a post plus the username block, for it to display. 

whatsmybrowser.org/b/7O52NPA

I just tried it again and this time it showed? I'm beginning to wonder if the site is getting confused by my tablet and can't tell if its a mobile device or a desktop device because its just like the editing bug I still get, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't work? Is that possible?

39 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

whatsmybrowser.org/b/7O52NPA

I just tried it again and this time it showed? I'm beginning to wonder if the site is getting confused by my tablet and can't tell if its a mobile device or a desktop device because its just like the editing bug I still get, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't work? Is that possible?

It doesn't try to detect whether you're a mobile device or a desktop device, except to decide which buttons to show in the toolbar, which is done purely on screen size. The remove formatting banner should appear no matter what device you're using. 

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

It doesn't try to detect whether you're a mobile device or a desktop device, except to decide which buttons to show in the toolbar, which is done purely on screen size. The remove formatting banner should appear no matter what device you're using. 

Then I'm stumped. It has to be my tablet causing these issues but why? Its exactly the same as other tablets on the market (Nvidia Shield K1) and yet this site has some pretty annoying bugs which seem to be specific to me and no one else.

Whats the cut off point for a mobile device? I mean at what resolution does the site decide its a desktop and display the full fat skin instead of the mobile one?

On 15/03/2016 at 10:29 AM, Master Disaster said:

Then I'm stumped. It has to be my tablet causing these issues but why? Its exactly the same as other tablets on the market (Nvidia Shield K1) and yet this site has some pretty annoying bugs which seem to be specific to me and no one else.

Whats the cut off point for a mobile device? I mean at what resolution does the site decide its a desktop and display the full fat skin instead of the mobile one?

980 logical horizontal pixels is the cut off, but there is literally no difference in the actual code, just that some CSS rules activate while others don't.

I have had the remove formatting banner not appear before, when it should have done, so it's not just you. I will look into why that's happening.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

980 logical horizontal pixels is the cut off, but there is literally no difference in the actual code, just that some CSS rules activate while others don't.

I have had the remove formatting banner not appear before, when it should have done, so it's not just you. I will look into why that's happening.

What's weird and why I think the site is getting confused by my tablet is the editing bug I still get from time to time.

If I click edit and the page shows an edit post button below the text field then my edit will work and save.

If I click edit and the page shows a save button over on the left of the screen below the text field then my edit won't work no matter what I do.

There must be a reason why the site can show me 2 different versions of the same page, one that works and one that doesn't?