Is there a program that works outside of the OS that can disable input devises?

unless its on another PC, no you cant run a program without your OS

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

I think you misunderstood what I asked?

Just now, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

I think you misunderstood what I asked?

i think you need to phrase your questions better

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

As in you want a bootable program that will choose what input devices to accept a input from?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

7 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

you should be able to do that in the bios

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Nope. he can't period.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Nope. he can't period.

11 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

As in you want a bootable program that will choose what input devices to accept a input from?

yes

1 minute ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

yes

Okay, then I don't understand what you want.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

3 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

yes

I hope you have ring 0 or whatever superuser privilege level is above "admin". Cos it can't be done otherwise. Software needs OS to be able to run.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Okay, then I don't understand what you want.

Ok, controllers automatically port to video game I'm playing. I don't want then to automatically port. In fact I want them to not port. However, I don't want to competently disable the devise through the OS.  

Edit:

If I could partly disable the devise through the OS, then that would work too.

Ok, controllers automatically port to video game I'm playing. I don't want then to automatically port. In fact I want them to not port. However, I don't want to competently disable the devise through the OS.  

what?!  I don't understand...

Spoiler

Just now, JefferyD90 said:

what?!  I don't understand...

Do you understand that controllers automatically work on most video games? 

Do you understand that controllers automatically work on most video games? 

Yes, they just "poof" work.  Because of black magic.  But like, why does that propose a problem, you can just choose to not use it (or) to use it in the games menus and then (at least any game I have ever played) it just remembers that setting the next time you fire it up.

If you're changing the settings every time you play the game then this isn't very helpful to you, but certainly more helpful than restarting your computer each time to just change which controller you want to use.

Spoiler

Yes, they just "poof" work.  Because of black magic.  But like, why does that propose a problem, you can just choose to not use it (or) to use it in the games menus and then (at least any game I have ever played) it just remembers that setting the next time you fire it up.

If you're changing the settings every time you play the game then this isn't very helpful to you, but certainly more helpful than restarting your computer each time to just change which controller you want to use.

Ok, here is the problem. I'm breaking my os into two OSs over two monitors, but when I do that 1 controler controls both of the games on both OSs. Hence I need a program that works outside of the OS that can disable input devises to the particular video game?

9 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

Ok, here is the problem. I'm breaking my os into two OSs over two monitors, but when I do that 1 controler controls both of the games on both OSs. Hence I need a program that works outside of the OS that can disable input devises to the particular video game?

Okay, why not just disable the device in the OS itself?  It would be a better alternative because you wouldn't have to disrupt the other person just to re-enable it.

Spoiler

Okay, why not just disable the device in the OS itself?  It would be a better alternative because you wouldn't have to disrupt the other person just to re-enable it.

When you disable the devise in the OS, it disables for both OSs.

Just disable the controllers in device manager by right-clicking on "Computer" in explorer and choose "Manage" then head over to "Device Manager". 

Just now, Xeypax said:

Just disable the controllers in device manager by right-clicking on "Computer" in explorer and choose "Manage" then head over to "Device Manager". 

When you disable the devise in the OS's Device Manager, it disables for both OSs.

When you disable the devise in the OS's Device Manager, it disables for both OSs.

In what way is "disabling the controller outside the OS" not the same as just unplugging it physically? Also, if you have two separate operating systems on a computer, you won't disable something in both by disabling a device in just one of them. 

Just now, Xeypax said:

In what way is "disabling the controller outside the OS" not the same as just unplugging it physically? Also, if you have two separate operating systems on a computer, you won't disable something in both by disabling a device in just one of them. 

I'm not quiet sure how it works, but disabling it one disables it in both.

I'm not quiet sure how it works, but disabling it one disables it in both.

Please explain the situation in more detail. Are the operating systems virtually running or are they on different physical drives?

Just now, Xeypax said:

Please explain the situation in more detail. Are the operating systems virtually running or are they on different physical drives?

I believe they are virtually running. I only have one OSs installed one drive?

I believe they are virtually running. I only have one OSs installed one drive?

So there's one virtual machine inside a "main" OS then? In that case, something disabled in the "main" OS would not be detected in the virtual machine's OS, but it doesn't go the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, Xeypax said:

So there's one virtual machine inside a "main" OS then? In that case, something disabled in the "main" OS would not be detected in the virtual machine's OS, but it doesn't go the other way around. 

The other way around, is what I need a solution for.